Video Files on Forum ×

Solo synth FX patche's

Patrick Arend

Hello forum, i have been deeply emersed in  patch programing on XW-P1.

I have been programing solo synth patche's, trying to see what kind of strange FX i can conjour up.

The good ole XW does not dissapoint.

I am only going to upload about ten of the best patche's i created, as i already have to many of my patche's on this forum.

These patche's will be the last XW-P1 patche's i  will ever post, as i want to leave some room for other people's creation's.

I will post these patche's within a couple of day's.

Every time i think i hit the ceiling on the XW, it surprizes me time and time again.

The solo synth is very very cool, very good analogue emulation's.

• Like 2

While I'm happy you plan to upload ten fresh patches I'm disappointed that you only want to upload ten and then quit.

The fact of the matter is that the XW can hold up to 32 Gigs on an SD Card and a performance artist might want to load and unload patches on stage for whatever playlist the gig demands.

The 300 odd patches that I have found so far on the board barely consume a meg of card space as it is.

I really don't see the harm in building a solid library of community sounds for future XW owners.  Hell it makes a great selling point for the XW line and is a great incentive for maintaining backward compatibility in future generations of this synth.

Seriously though, if you're worried about all of us running out of room then don't.  When an individual patch is only a few hundred bytes to begin with space is the least of our concerns. :)

Gary

• Like 3

Hi Gary, thank's for putting my mind at ease with this.

This forum was my first experience with any kind of internet media,and i just dont want to do anything to screw that up.

This may sound over the top, but you guy's on this forum are like family to me.

Again, thank's for being an important part of this forum.

• Like 2

Thanks Patrick-I recently uploaded your patch collection to play with on the XW-very nice work.

When I get a little more time, I will start making some contributions to programming the XW-it was broken for awhile, and I had other priorities although I've tried to stay in the loop here.

There is such a large database of waveforms in the XW, it is tough figuring where to start unlike say the CZs where there were I recall maybe a half-dozen or so but even with that, a huge variety of sounds were possible (I did alot of programming back then on the CZs) and the XW has the CZ waveforms and many others including the old standbys sawtooth, sine, squarewaves which alone have many possibilities. Whew!

Part of the reason i've held off doing any programming, still recovering from years of Yamaha "FM" programming which created a serious breach in my internal mental security system hoo-ha! I won't even mention Roland's torturous concepts of sound programming-(I told you not to mention that!)

I agree with happyrat-each "tone" or sound takes so little space-there is a generous amount of user slots for everything on the XW which is very nice. And once a keyboard falls by the wayside, the remaining programmer's soundfile databases available on the web are always useful for future musicians who may have never had a chance to play these "obsolete" instruments were it not for initial work provided by the original owners/creators such as we are now.

Just my 2 cents....Signing off for now.

• Like 1

Patrick  >>>  I'm happy to have been of help.  Even when people upload bad patches sometimes it will give someone else a point to start from to create something really good.

I wouldn't worry too much about what other people think on the net.

I think most of us are grounded enough in our real lives to not get bent out of shape over some imagined slight on a forum somewhere :)

Gary :)

Cant-stop-now-someone-is-wrong-on-the-in

• Like 1

The XW is the second synth I could afford which made me happy because music with keys was my greatest joy in life which changed ,

during the decades but that is what life does with you :). BUT and I don't mean a BIG one Casio is a brand that stickt since child hood.

So I fired up my interest in synth and boldly bought a Casio XW-G1. 

No clue what and where to start I was like my gosh what have I done, Do I have the time where am I going to start and gradually got the 

spark back and then I've discovered this forum which had me a bit reluctant for the fear what I've read from other forums which send you 

round in circle's. 

In short.

You guys are like seniors with stuff like this and very knowledgeable seriously this site should be an example for all other musicforum sites.

Thank you kindly great job Patrick even you are a great help and inspiration discovering synth I know this sound like mushy but it is true.

This XW totally new and there is alway's more on the horizon.... I think the start of this has topped off for the next big thing..

has any one heard Mike new composition with the XW on soundcloud its cleaner then my stuff gotta long way to go still.

• Like 1

All right ladies.  Let's all sing Kumbaya around the campfire and remember to swap spit in the showers afterward :D

Seriously though, great people on this forum without a lot of the pretentiousness on other keyboard sites.

If everyone keeps on doing what we're doing I think we'll end up alright :D

Gary ;)

• Like 1