Video Files on Forum ×

musicdat folder

mcnab1dl

Hi...  Mr. Computer Illiterate here....

1.)  When trying to download from the downloads section of this site, a red bar appears across the top of the page saying, "Put your downloads in the MUSICDAT folder".    Where the heck is that located?   I have no clue!

2.)  Does anybody know if one can preview a tone/stage setting (or whatever they are called) in the editor program once installed on a computer BEFORE it gets downloaded to my 5s keyboard?  (I think that is its purpose, right?)

Lost, confused, and wondering if I made a mistake with buying  this technical beast!

Please help... 

One suggestion for auditioning downloaded stage settings is have one stage setting on the PX5 you are willing to write over, something you think you'll never use. Keep that one as the place you load in the downloaded sounds to audition them.

The factory presets are available in the downloads section anyway, so you won't lose anything by writing over the top of any presets.

You're definitely in the right place if you're feeling lost and confused! Also join the Facebook group (in Scott's signature above), plenty of people there to help you along - everyone was in the same position as you at some point.

• Like 2