Video Files on Forum ×

looking for two distinct organ sounds

mcnab1dl

Hey everyone... does anybody know of any organ-type stagesettings/downloads that sound like 1) the organ in the Monkees "I'm a Believer" or 2)  the organ in John Fogerty's "Centerfield", or (3) the high organ/keyboard sound in Springsteen's "Glory Days" ???    I have tried to re-create those specific sounds, but i just can't seem to get close enough to call them decent...(and honestly I don't understand enough about programming to get where I want to be.)

Any suggestions/help/advice on these 3 different sounds would be most appreciated!

I know the Casio response will probably be "Well, that's the fun of having such a versatile machine."... but I already understand that.-  I'm just would like to avoid recreating the wheel if someone already knows of similar sounds like those mentioned above that already exist somewhere for the px-5s.

http://brucespringsteen.net/the-band/danny-federici

I think he got this on a Hammond B-3, sounds like a wide-open theatre or church organ sound on "Glory Days", with a not-so percussive attack.

And listen to this, sounds similar to Glory Days.

"I'm A Believer" would be heavy sine wave type organ or calliope I think. Sort of opposite of these wide open theatre organ type sounds. I'll see if i can do both on the XW, I'm sure it's doable but might need to be a hex layer to sound that full theatre-organ sound. Hope this helps. Let your ears be your guide, grasshopper!

1, Vox Continental

2, Hammond with fast Leslie on.

3, Described as rinky-dink organ, honky-tonk piano. Sounds like a Blend of synth and Vox continental type sound to me.

My band are thinking of adding this Glory days to our repertoire.

I will upload my version of the sound when I have done one.

Norm

I'm also trying to nail the "I'm A Believer" sound for a gig next week. The closest I can get is Mike Martin's superb Vox Continental V301H stage setting:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/38-vox-continental-v301h/

To get a thinner sound I moved sliders 3 and 4 up to disable those drawbars, but this results in a loud unwanted click in drawbars 1 and 2 whenever a key is released. Has anyone else noticed this? I've experimented with changing a lot of parameters in this stage setting and tone but can't seem to find the source of the key release click.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm also trying to nail the "I'm A Believer" sound for a gig next week. The closest I can get is Mike Martin's superb Vox Continental V301H stage setting:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/38-vox-continental-v301h/

To get a thinner sound I moved sliders 3 and 4 up to disable those drawbars, but this results in a loud unwanted click in drawbars 1 and 2 whenever a key is released. Has anyone else noticed this? I've experimented with changing a lot of parameters in this stage setting and tone but can't seem to find the source of the key release click.

I don't know if you found the answer to the key click sound, but I did. Hope I'm not too late!

The key click sound is hex layer 6. I just went into edit the volume and reduced it to a more acceptable level (for my ears). Or you could just turn off layer 6 altogether.

Loz Brown

Coventry UK