Bank button doesn't always activate

csmacf

Is there a reason why the bank button doesn't always activate on my px-350?  In other words, sometimes when I hit it, it doesn't do anything.  I need to be able to switch settings quickly on stage.  Is there some other function that would cause this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Thanks for the reply!  Pretty sure it's always been that way.  It's only about a year old and I hadn't been using banks much until I needed more specific sounds for a project.  I just figured some other function was deactivating it.  My other thought is to do this with MIDI because I'm using the Privia with another (Roland RD700SX) keyboard.  I'd love to just make a program change on the Roland and have the Privia change accordingly-- or vice versa.  But I'm still trying to figure out how to send program change info over MIDI without also controlling the notes being played.  MIDI confuses me!

If you think it's being connected to another keyboard, try it with the other keyboard disconnected. If it still happens, you may still be under warranty so I think you should look into getting it repaired under that. I don't recall if the thing where if you register your Casio online extends your warranty, but it's worth a look.

You might know this already but the bank button will not work if the function, user songs or song or audio recorder buttons are active. You must switch to "rhythms" to access banks.

The PX-350 does send program changes for individual tones out the midi port, but I think only for one bank. I''ll have to check again with Midiox but I don't know if it sends bank change messages and program change messages together.

As far as other midi settings the PX350 has settings to change the midi out channel and to turn "local control" on and off but that's about all it can do. It has no other settings for midi filters etc.

• Like 1