Video Files on Forum ×

ALTERNATE ORDER Stage Settings - Editor does not see

pkd23

I'm having a problem getting the Alternate Order Stage Settings loaded into my PX-5S.

Background & problem description:

• I have the latest Editor downloaded into my Mac, and it works great, moving Stage Settings between the Editor and the instrument without any problem.
  • I'm running the latest firmware version:  1.12
  • I load the Alternate Order file (FACTALT1.ZAL) into the Editor, same as any Stage Setting.
  • But when I open the Editor, it does not find the file, as if it was not even there.
  • The Editor Manual talks about different extensions, but .ZAL is not one of them;  in Mike Martin's description of the  download, he indicates that it's an "ALL file."  What is that?

Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks...

PeterD

Thanks, Joe... for the quick response, and great guess!

You were right. The Alternate Order Stage Settings file is an ALL DATA file type which is apparently serviceable only through the USB drive on the instrument. In fact, when you are in the Media function on the instrument, one of the Load options is ALL DATA, which is what is used to download that file type into the PX-5S. Slick. Thanks again.

• Like 1

To add to this discussion, I would like to know ...if I have all of my own stage settings (7) saved in the editor program AND my memory stick,  will this" alternate order download" reset all the stage settings to their original forms, but just in a new, more logical order?  (I assume this to be the case, but I want to be sure...)

and...then...I believe I would have to reload MY Stage Settings again..correct?