SET LIST MAKER questions

User 29303

no i have set list maker on my ipad.....

question it it says i have to buy extra the midi in/outr option and so n hope i have the right version ? 

How do i transfer the settings to the ipad to select ma patches on the pxs is there a preconfigured settings list on the forum ? 

can i also use a 2 Keyboard and setlist maker to select the px5s and the IX300 patches ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mau Van, answer to question 1 is, Yes, you will have to buy the MIDI package (in-app purchase).

Question 2 - I have a blank Set List Maker template that has the MIDI codes for all stage settings, but you would need to create you own lists (I think I also still have something set up with both the original factory stage setting names and the alternative settings). I'll see what I can find in the next few days and either upload it here if I can, or send it directly to you.

Question 3 - I'm not sure, but I think so. I don't have a second keyboard to test it with, so maybe someone else can confirm.

if I'm understanding question 3 correctly, yes you can use set list maker to control setup selections on both keyboards. I do this, but it's a configurationvery specific to using the PX-5 and Kurzweil PC3 together. I'm pretty sure that if the keyboards are connected together via MIDI, you can control both boards within set list maker.

Mau Van, I've had a look back through my stuff and found where I made the preset list. I made it as an Excel spreadsheet, but then it has to be saved as a tab delimited text file with the name import.txt. Then I remembered that there was a problem where the midi preset takes on the name of the song, which was confusing when I wanted to use that preset with a different stage setting (or song). So, for example, when I import the list with the names of the factory stage settings, the song name shows "GrandPnoConcert", and the midi preset gets the same name. Say I put a different Stage Setting in slot 0-0 and then want to add that to Set List Maker, I need to create a new song with the name of that stage setting and select the midi preset that is called "GrandPnoConcert". If that sounds counfusing, it is!

I emailed the developer six months ago about adding the option to include the midi preset name field in the import file format and they indicated that they would look into including it in a future release. There has been a lot of updates since then but I am still waiting!

In the meantime, I imported a file that used the names "0-0", "0-1" etc. and then went through and typed in the actual Stage Setting names. The annoying part is that you can't export the list...you can only sync it with another device on the same wireless network that is running a separately registered copy of the app.

All this is to say that there is no easy way at the moment to share a set list. And by the way, you also have to pay extra for the option to be able to import the text file. About the best I can do is to email you the text file, but you'll need to lookup the online instructions on how to use it. Let me know if you want it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Mau Van,

I'm sorry that it has been so long since I said that I could send you the text file for Set List Maker import...I'm suffering from RSI, so I'm limiting my online activity while I recover.

Are you a member of the Facebook group? I have uploaded a couple of the Excel files there. that you need to convert to tab- delimited text for import into SLM. I'm not sure whether I can upload them here.

If you are not a member, why not come over and join us; otherwise, message me and I'll send them to you directly.