Controlling LFO FilterAmpRate via a slider

phatmann

The 60's Reed EP preset uses the tone's LFO for the tremolo effect, rather than the DSP. I like this because this frees the DSP up for distortion. The rate of the tremolo is controlled by the FilterAmpRate parameter. I want to assign a slider or knob to that parameter, but I could not find it in the parameter list for a slider/knob. Anyone know if it can be done?

• Like 1

The mod wheel does control LFO depth for both Filter and Amp. You can independently adjust the response to the mod wheel for the pitch (vib), Filter and Amp. So it is possible to simulate an excellent EP200 tremolo effect, without using the DSP. In fact I've found, like others, that using the DSP to provide Amp simulation in conjunction with Amp LFO, really creates a very good Wurly. This is also true for Rhodes patches, although you can also use the PX5 ARP facilities for that zone to add panning as an alternative to LFO Trem.

The Mod wheel CC is a catch all for mod depth, which is what it says on the tin! What would be nice as you say, is the ability to control the frequency of the Filter and Amp LFO via a CC or even a knob/slider, selectable dedicated internal function. Currently the CC's for Vib Depth and VIb Rate only adjust the Pitch LFO. Which is totally understandable because that's what they say they do. A couple of CASIO specific or industry standard CC's for AMP Mod depth and Frequency would be cool! :-)