Video Files on Forum ×

Problem with the speakers on Casio Privia PX-750

Queiroz

Hello everyone.

Nice to meet you all!

I would like to know if anyone noticed a weird sound when you hit the 16th white key from the left and also the 11th black key from the left B and Bb keys one octave down from the center? It makes a weird noise and the sound vibrate very powerfull causing dissonant overtones. I've bought this model on Walmart here in Brazil so i called the service center because this is very annoying for me so they replaced it for me with brand new one last friday...   but unfortunately it did not solve the problem at all.. still there.. so what happened? I don't understand... problem with the way the piano was built? the local that i placed the piano? what? Also i play the piano at night using a headset and there is no problem at all with the sound so it must be the piano speakers somehow... not problem with the keys itself... is there anything i can do to fix this... a friend of mine brought his PX-350 here so we could test it side by side and on the 350 there is no problem at all... so maybe i will return this and get the 350 with stand and pedal bar... but first i must find a way around this... so if anyone know what is going on please help me out!! Sorry for my bad english and i wish you all a great weekend!!

Thanks for everything!!

Best Regards,

Queiroz

I agree with Joe-if I set up the PX-350 on a stand without some kind of "damping" material between the case and the stand, I get vibrations since the case is plastic and relatively light, and the entire case is vibrating with the speakers-at least with the PX-350. Do you have the full factory stand/pedals with the PX-750, or are you using it with another type of stand? I put felt under the keyboard between my stand and the PX-350 case bottom, but anything that will absorb vibrations will work- soft foam, even some type of soft cloth will stop the vibration from the keyboard. Try this too-set the PX-750 on a soft surface if you have it detached from the factory stand-a mattress, sofa or something similar and see if that solves the problem. Since this vibration is happening from certain keys, it might be "resonating" at that frequency but not at others-it is possible. And if it is assembled with the factory stand-you may need to put some damper material between the areas where the stand is fastened to the keyboard. If none of this works, chances are the speakers are loose in the case, and this will require Casio service or return again. it's possible that a particular bunch of PX-750s have the same problem from the factory-loose speakers internally.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advices!! I'm using the stand that came with the keyboard!! I will try to add something between the keyboard and the stand to decrease the vibrations to see if it'll fix the issue for me!! i'll get back later!!

Thanks alot!!

• Like 1

Hi, Joe, didn't mean to butt in to your post. I had a similar problem with my PX-350 which is why I posted here. There is no internal "damping" of the PX speakers, so the entire case does vibrate, and I do have felt under it on my stands as it does weird things if I don't.  Not an issue obviously through an amp or headphones but the speakers are pretty small and in close proximity to the "guts" of the PX-wires, circuit boards etc. I would have thought the 750 with it's bigger case would not vibrate at all, but if has a plastic case, i'm sure it's possible. A suggestion to Casio-a little acoustic insulation inside these keyboards near the speakers might solve these types of problems. I may add it to my PX-350 if I take it apart (again!).I've already voided my warranty, not recommended, I know the risks.

• 2 years later...

I had the same issue with my Privia PX-860. In my case the problem was being caused because the piano was placed almost touching the wall of my bedroom. This may be cause due to resonance or something like that. If I move my piano far from the wall, like one meter or so, the problem is solved. Does anybody have a define solution for that? My bedroom is small; therefore, I cannot place the piano far from the wall.

Thanks a lot!