Video Files on Forum ×

WK7500 piano sounds out of tune

Hello all!

I own the WK7500 keyboard and for the most part I love it. In fact, I like the drawbar organ so much that I now leave my Hammond XK2 at home and use the Casio on gigs. I run it through a Neo Ventilator Leslie simulator and the sound is amazing!

But my issue is with the stereo piano sound. The sound itself is respectable, but I've noticed one thing that is quite a nuisance to me. When you play D2 and D3 together it sounds out of tune! These are the only two notes that I've noticed this with, but it's enough for me to NOT use this keyboard for the piano sound.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to tweak the tone to get rid of this?

Thanks!

Not sure if this will help you out with your piano sounds.

On page E-21 and E22 of the user manual for the WK7500, they describe different temperament settings and fine tuning individual notes.  I believe these are global changes to all sounds not individual tuning of the sound samples.  

My suggestion would be to try one note at a time and see how the keyboard plays.  You can always set it back the way it was if you log your changes.

This may be of some help.  

One thing I'm sure.
I understood how to tune an acoustic piano because my wife's mother has an antique.
Studying a bit of piano tuning in so you can see in some articles that piano tuning is enharmonic, does not help you at an electronic keyboard side and tune.
I could see that professional tuners tune with tuning fork and the rest of the notes by ear. Perhaps the CASIO wanted to leave a bit of realism in the mechanics of acoustic piano.
In acoustic piano tuned correctly you feel it is not an electronic keyboard set-up because of the pitch, but the ear naturally accepts this deviation.
I have the WK 7600 and so far I have not felt a nuisance in harmony.

• 4 months later...

Soy argentino y acabo de adquirir un ctk7200. Cuando ví esta nota fuí a controlar si en éste pasaba, pero no... está perfectamente afinado, en esas notas, al tocarlas juntas no hay batimiento alguno. Debo aclarar que estoy muy feliz por esta compra, creo que por su costo es un excelente teclado y tiene muchas opciones de uso..... Quizás debería tener un lugar donde bajar las partituras correspondientes a los preajustes musicales, pues hay muchos de ellos que no los alcanzo a reconocer.... si eso es posible agradecería los links para bajarlos.... Saludos !

I'm Argentine and I just purchased a ctk7200. When I saw this note I went to check if it passed, but no ... is perfectly tuned in those notes, by touching them together there is no paddling. I should clarify that I am very happy about this purchase, I think that cost is an excellent keyboard and has many options for using ..... Maybe I should have a place down the corresponding preset musical scores, as there are many that does not reach to recognize .... if that is possible appreciate the links to download them .... Cheers!