Globally turn off program changes sent from 5s?

shaneblyth

I need to just have basic midi going out globally from the px5s I have a module I have attached to the midi out of the 5s and every time I change to another stage setting with the buttons on the 5s it mucks up whatever patch is on my sound module. It does NOT change the module to a different patch but seems to change some setting like filter or pitch Lfo or something really weird as depending on what stage setting button I push the pitch starts going weird on the virus and if I re select the same sound it comes right

So what's going on and how do I globally have the buttons etc on the 5s not send to the round midi out socket?

• 5 months later...

Without knowing what module you have makes it an "educated guess", but why not simply invoke the midi rx filters on the module? blocking all but notes and basic controller #'s (sustain 64 /expression 11/volume 7).

IIRC all modules have these filters in a settings menu somewhere...the Casio interface and OS do not  lend themselves easily to this sort of task. As in, there are not too many "globally" available controls when it comes to external MIDI .