SoloSynth: Separate filter envelopes?

Peter

I understand how the Total filter works, but I see that there are separate filters and filter ADSR for every oscillator. I want to build a tone, where the four oscillators have different filter envelopes, I'm trying by tweaking various parameters, but no result. Only the total filter's ADSR is active. Help? 

• Like 1

Ok.   Let's see..... Edit>OSC Block>Filter>Use the Part + - buttons to switch between oscillators.  Check the filter gain per osc. They default to FLAT.  Crank it down to -18db.   Then go down to check envelope depth per osc.  They defaults to 00.  Crank it up to 64.  Then you can go to envelope further down, adjust adsr and it should work.

• Like 2

I tweaked the gain from flat to -18db, but that only affects the total filter. I cannot make this individual filters to work. I set the envelope to max, no result. Interestingly, I also cannot find any factory solosynth tones which use separate filters for each oscillator. 

Edit:

Ignore the upper text. I set the total cutoff filter to max, set the gain in osc filter to -18db, then tweaked the osc filt envelopes and they are kinda working, need more time on this. Still don't understand wholly how this actually works, and need to figure out the exact relation between the total filter and the osc filter.

Thanks for the help !

It seems to me that the total filter's resonance does not affect the local filter. Please confirm is this true. I was really hoping making some effects with multiple different filter sweeps for each osc, but without the resonance it behaves similarly like an amp envelope.

Only the solo synth total filter is resonant. All other filters (blocks 1 to 6, as well as the filter for the PCM tones) are non-resonant.

This is correct.  The individual filters per oscillator are not resonant.  Personally, I haven't used the individual filters too much.  In fact I usually want things as bring as possible before getting to the Total Filter there are some applications though...

I almost forgot, the Wah DSP has a resonance parameter, so presumably it uses a resonant filter which can be controlled by its own LFO or controlled manually. So you may be able to get two independent resonant filter sweeps by routing some sounds through the solo synth and others through the DSP; not sure if they would get tangled up via common DSP lines though.

The sampler on the G1 also has a non resonant filter for each sample split. Of all the individual filters, I have found this the most useful when trying to balance the brightness of sample splits mapped across the keyboard.

• Like 1