Where I can find styles from CTK-900 ?

Fletcher,

Here is a link to 111 "aftermarket" additional rhythm styles for the CTK-900.  To get the original factory presets, you would need to save them from your CTK-900 as "User" rhythms (if possible) and upload them to your PC and download them to your CTK-7200.  I am giving you this link so that you can download a few and try them.  The Casio site, that these came from, states specifically that they WILL NOT WORK on the larger WK-3300/3800/8000 units, so I strongly suspect that they will not work on the CTK-7200 either.  If they won't, there is no sense trying to get the presets off your CTK-900.

http://music.casio.com/e/data_ex3/rhythm.html

Good luck !

Fletcher

I just download 10 of those CTK-900 rhythm styles from the Casio site I listed above, and to my surprise, 9 of the 10 worked fine on my CTK-7000, which is the immediate forerunner of your CTK-7200, so most of any CTK-900 styles that you can come up with should work on your CTK-7200, as well.  Even most of the voices (tones) were useable as-is.  They sounded a bit thin, so I suspect they were using the CTK-7000's GM voice set instead of its improved native panel voices.  Basically, it made my CTK-7000 sound like a CTK-900.  That means, if you wanted to spend the time and effort, you could probably use the CTK-7200's "Panel Record" feature to assign improved voices to the CTK-900's styles.  Of the 10 styles I downloaded, only Cyber Trance gave me a "File Format Error" when I tried to download it to the CTK-7000.  The CTK-900's "Unplugged" style sounded just great as-is on the CTK-7000.  I think I will go back and get the rest of them just to add some variety to my style repertoire.  With 100 User Rhythm slots, what have I got to lose.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, I guess not, after all.  I just compared the WK-3800 download list to the CTK-900 download list, and they are identical, except for the three metronome beats that the WK-3800 set does not have.  I already have the entire WK-3800 list, so I don't see much sense in duplicating.  For some reason, when I downloaded the WK-3800 rhythms to the CTK-7000, I missed the "Unplugged".  That's why I had never heard it on the CTK-7000.  Rhythm for rhythm, the WK-3800 files seem to sound a little fuller on the CTK-7000 than the corresponding CTK-900 files, especially the bass tones, but since both files would be using the same GM voice samples, this would have to be due to individual instrument volumes (the mix) from one file to the other.  Then it could be just my imagination too !

Good luck on getting yours to work !

• Like 1

Hello Ted!

Thank you for big answeer and big expirience.

But we has a problem.

Styles from list from your link is not equal of styles in STK-900.

Look at this picture. It is styles in STK-900:

iKrioK.jpg

especially I need styles 93-95 and 105-107.

But they are absent in your link. (

And so, I can't get it. (

PS: BTW, here is one item which is equal in your link and in ctk-900 - it is standart user styles.

Here they are in ctk-900:

iKrnO3.png

And here they are in your list:

iKrovA.png

Fletcher

The rhythm styles on the Casio website are not necessarily the preset rhythm styles.  I think they are just variations on some of the presets.  Normally, preset rhythm styles are exported by bringing them up as though they are going to be edited and immediately saving them as a User Rhythm, then using the Data Management software to upload them to a computer, but the older CTK/WK models do not appear to support the saving of rhythm presets as User Rhythms, so I have no idea how you are going to access the CTK-900's rhythm presets to export them, and I do not believe Casio ever made a complete set of the rhythm presets for download.  Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.

Ted

I regret to say I think you're right. (
it would be naive to expect that Casio put styles in Internet. (
I have another way - try to edit the styles of 7200 so, that they sounded like a styles in CTK-900.
In 7200 there is a very similar styles that I need
But I do not have experience yet to do it

• Like 1