Can we made our own tones (samples) for 7200 ?

Hello.

For old Casio keyboards we can use Casio Wave Editor for making our own tones.

CTK-7200 and all the other from this series - can't use files from Wave Editor.

maybe there is another method?

Or another soft ?

Anybody knows something about it ?

Thank

Fletcher,

The new line of Casio CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards will not accept wave samples of any kind for playing from the keybed.  These units were not provided with the sampling memory required to do this.  The 7XXX models can record, store, and/or "PLAY" audio files, but this is not a "sampling" function, as they are played back by pressing a "PLAY" button rather than being triggered from the keybed, and there can be a delay of 5 or 6 or more seconds from the time the "PLAY" button is pressed until the audio file actually begins playback.

The best you can do for creating "new" sounds with these units is to edit/tweak the existing preset sounds and saving them as "User" tones, but even this feature is quite limited compared to full-blown, high-end workstations.  In this same price range, if you are really into designing your own sounds and do not need the auto-accompaniment arranger features, you would do better to consider the XW-P1 synth or the similar XW-G1 which DOES have sampling capabilities.

I am not into sampling, so I went with the XW-P1, which I currently have racked-up over a CTK-7000.  For about $1000 USD this set-up gives me an arranger workstation with a nice set of auto-accompaniment rhythms and a decent selection of reasonable sounding acoustic instruments as well as being able to belt out some wailing synth tones or massive synth stacks that just about bring the ceiling down.  If you are willing to forgo the massive Hex Layer stacks and Draw Bar Organ mode of the XW-P1, you can swap it out for the XW-G1, and you have your sampling capabilities.

PS - Your "English" is fine coming this way.  No need to apologize.  I just hope you can interpret my reply.  Sorry to be so wordy, but wanted to give you a complete response.

Good luck !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Fletcher,

The new line of Casio CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards will not accept wave samples of any kind for playing from the keybed. These units were not provided with the sampling memory required to do this. The 7XXX models can record, store, and/or "PLAY" audio files, but this is not a "sampling" function, as they are played back by pressing a "PLAY" button rather than being triggered from the keybed, and there can be a delay of 5 or 6 or more seconds from the time the "PLAY" button is pressed until the audio file actually begins playback.

The best you can do for creating "new" sounds with these units is to edit/tweak the existing preset sounds and saving them as "User" tones, but even this feature is quite limited compared to full-blown, high-end workstations. In this same price range, if you are really into designing your own sounds and do not need the auto-accompaniment arranger features, you would do better to consider the XW-P1 synth or the similar XW-G1 which DOES have sampling capabilities.

I am not into sampling, so I went with the XW-P1, which I currently have racked-up over a CTK-7000. For about $1000 USD this set-up gives me an arranger workstation with a nice set of auto-accompaniment rhythms and a decent selection of reasonable sounding acoustic instruments as well as being able to belt out some wailing synth tones or massive synth stacks that just about bring the ceiling down. If you are willing to forgo the massive Hex Layer stacks and Draw Bar Organ mode of the XW-P1, you can swap it out for the XW-G1, and you have your sampling capabilities.

PS - Your "English" is fine coming this way. No need to apologize. I just hope you can interpret my reply. Sorry to be so wordy, but wanted to give you a complete response.

Good luck !

Is it correct you can bounce and combine recorded MIDI tracks on the 7600? Does the audio record record these song sequences?

If all I record at same time in song,are middle C for each of 16 song sequencer tracks, then record using audio record and save to sd card....what then do I have? A layer of 16 tones or 34 if using layered user tones.

Is this possibility/functionality correct?