Saving a song recorder song to a WAV File

Which keyboard specifically? Most Privias with the usb drive use the same procedure for saving a "song recorder" song and it can be saved as a midi file (smf). I believe the only type of file that can be saved as a .wav file is the "audio recorder" file which is not the same and must be saved with a different procedure, at least with the PX-350 which is what I am most familiar with.

Ok, after studying the AP-450 manual which is somewhat different from the PX-350 looks good to do what you need. It is confusing because you can record your piano performances with the song recorder...or the audio recorder.

The manual is not clear since it contradicts something. It says anything you play is automatically recorded as a .wav file to the usb drive but then it says you must push the song recorder button and the audio recorder button together to do this. Guess you will have to try both ways to see which works. Or just play something without pushing any recorder buttons and check the contents of the usb drive in your computer-which should also be able to play it at least in a Windows OS machine.

With most Privias, you record either with the song recorder which stores this as a midi or special Casio format file, not a .wav and it stores this to its internal memory....or you record your playing with the audio recorder function and this is stored automatically as a .wav file on the usb drive. And...as if this isn't tricky enough! You can record your playing as a song recorder song, play it back while the audio recorder is on, play along with that and now both are saved and recorded as a .wav file. Hope I've helped and not muddied the waters even worse than before!

• 5 years later...
16 minutes ago, pianist.l said:

Hi, I have been trying to copy what I recorded to my AP450 song recorder to a usb key drive as a audio file.   Did you succeed in doing this please.

Thanks.

That is done by starting the audio recorder, then starting playback of a recorded song.  The AP-450 English user manual (page EN-19) has instructions on how to do that, the section titled "Recording Digital Piano Play as Data Recorded in Song Memory Plays Back (Audio Recorder)".  

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply to my question,  I did rear that in the book but when I press  the audio recorder button nothing happens ie no more lights come on, the only lights lit in that area are the two track lights under the song recorder button. ?