Rhythm Conversion: Yamaha to Casio

Hi all!

Bought a WK-7600 a month ago, and I'm a PSR 730 and PSR-S700 owner. I want to sell them and stick with WK only, but there are some rhythms on S700 that I want on WK... Is there a way to convert them to AC7 format?

Seems that all existing software available is obsolete, and somewhat hard to find. Got IDES 4 and Data Manager already. Got some rhythms from music.casio.com (CKF files)...

Anyone knows a way on how to accomplish that?

Thank you in advance.

What is this link? It is an excel file, not a program converter. Check tnicosin and my posts here. Several of us have done alot of research on this. There is no simple way but it can be done. Without rehashing all the details, check this post:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4281-software-to-create-patterns-for-wk-7500/

This is about all I know on this subject. Although this covers the WK7500, I' sure these are still valid. Hope this helps.

• Sad 1

This Excel file because the program made ​​in Visual BASIC.
while it is perfectly converts Yamaha styles in the styles of Casio.
If you do not want to believe it and do not want to try it - it's your own business.
I myself in this program to convert about 200 rhythms.

• Like 2

Fletcher-following up on this link. When I open this in Office, it displays a blank spreadsheet with only two words on it in Russian-I read and write Russian sufficiently to see "list 1" on the bottom in Cyrillic print, and what looks like "fail 1" again in Cyrillic in one cell. If you could explain how this works, I will try it out. I can't type in Cyrillic so I'll say phonetically -spaseebow (thank you). Anybody else here, if you can figure this out, please post back.

Hi all,  Is it possible to write this excel macro into an Open office .ods file because I only have Excel starter and you cannot run macros in this version.  I have copied the macro into Open Office but it doesn't work,  so probably the source code needs to be done using Open office spread sheet format ??

Not sure about this, you need Office with Excel or Excel stand-alone because this style converter will not work unless Windows Visual Basic is installed-it is supposed to be installed as part of Office or Excel, but depending upon your version it may not be. Open Office, Kingsoft Office don't seem to work with this as i don't believe they use Visual Basic for macros, even when I installed it as a separate package (Google Visual Basic and you will find the download for visual basic which is a programmer's language for creating software routines with graphic interfaces). Seems like you need the specific Windows version of Office to get this going. Fletcher, can you help clarify this as I didn't write the code, so I'm not sure if I'm right. Bolshoi spaseebo.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice program.. you just need some Russian knowledge to understand what the buttons mean.

Unfortunately all windows components (windows titles and some pull-down menu) do not show up in a cyrillic unless you set your system language to Russian, but it is worthwhile to give it a try.
It also creates excel sheets with midi file decoding, etc...

• 1 month later...

Following up on this-this download page-Malwarebytes found 2 pieces of Spyware-a "PUP" program in my appdata\local\temp folder and something called "Rogue.multiple" in my Windows  C:\program data folder. And that was before Avast antivirus stopping the download completely. This is not good, just warning anybody else here. And I keep Adblock+ and Donottrackme running in all my browsers plus antivirus but this still almost crippled my machine (Windows 7).

Thanks Strogoff-it had something to do with the "downloader" that opened when I went to the website, The downloader "pushed" the spyware attachments which installed when i tried to download the file, a nasty trick some of these 'downloaders" will do. Then Avast stopped me from going any further, threw out a warning that the download was unsafe-and I have every Microsoft security patch there is. So there must have been something piggybacked onto the downloader program. I wanted to try it so I'll try the Dropbox link (I use Dropbox myself on Windows and Android).