Rhythm Conversion: Yamaha to Casio

download it from this official page

http://casio.medivm.ru/casio_rhythm_converter_doc.html

very first link "Скачать тут"

Perhaps, you have to permit macro running in Excel settings

Хорошо, спасибо  , у меня есть  сомнения,  может использовать только  русский язык, чтобы  запустить  программное обеспечение  ?  Я уже  позволяет  все макросы  работает  , но по - прежнему  не работает  .  Дважды щелкните  кнопку  "  открыть файл  "  после  "подразумевается  ,  что  ошибка компиляции  в модуль  "  рис. 224327egfbqiuabi3hfe1j.jpg

i didn't get any error like this. May be, it is related somehow to your chinese locale.. How you can use only Russian? May be, English version of Windows helps you? Or some of old versions of Excel (e.g. 2003)

i didn't get any error like this. May be, it is related somehow to your chinese locale.. How you can use only Russian? May be, English version of Windows helps you? Or some of old versions of Excel (e.g. 2003)

OK, thank you! I wonder why you don't put the VB language program is derived for the EXE program? This can avoid many problems within the compiler, but also allow more people to use this program. In China have a lot of people look forward to this program, in China about 50 million Casio user, if we can successfully solve the problem, I can in China will be friends software promotion to more people, software to make more people know about friends, understanding friend superb software production capacity. Then this software friend's influence in China and the "style mixer" this software influence the same.

Just do a test, in exchange for Excel 2003 version, but still unable to run your software. The problem lies in the foundation of the system, users in China all the basic Microsoft win7 system is used, the use is Excel 2007, so all people basically all cannot run this program, so it can only be export it as a ". exe" program to use.

I made this program in VBA Excel because it was more easy to me than in VB -  legal Excel is more available in Russia, than Visual studio. And make programs in it is more faster ))

Also i made converter for my personal use, i didn't know, that it will become so requested.

I transformed some earier version of VBA converter to EXE by request of Casio-Russia (it is non-trivial job), but i can't distribute it due copyright obligations.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Regarding your problems with yamaha sff2 styles. There is a converter program [free] that you can download and install from this link... http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/software.htm#sf2c

This program works well and easy to use. I've used it a lot. Converts backwards to sff1... Also lots of very useful free progams and links from this site and much more..

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to access ALL of the links listed above with no problems using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers.  The first link is in Russian, and contains instructions for the program.  Google Chrome will give you a pop-up in the upper right corner that will translate it very well.  If you can not access them, you may have your internet security options set too strictly, but it would be your decision to change them, although you should be able to access the jososoft.dk site with no problem.  That is a currently active private/commercial site with a very wide popularity.  Its owner, Jorgen Sorensen, is a top notch programmer of Yamaha (and other) keyboard shareware utilities.  It was mentioned here as a source for the Yamaha SFF2 to SFF1 Style File conversion program that needs to be used before using the STY to CKF conversion program on SFF2 Style files.  The link ending in ".zip" is the actual STY to CKF conversion program, and will ask you for a drive location to store the program in.  If you are trying to access these sites during their local wee hours of the morning, you may just be hitting the servers during their daily or weekly routine maintenance periods.  If you are only having problems accessing the Russian site(s), that may be your ISP restricting that, in which case you would need to discuss that with them, but I thought we had come out of those internet "dark ages" a long time ago.

Strogoff

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Strogoff
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationRome - Italy

I've found the same macro translated into english go to visit http://musickeyboardtrick.blogspot.it/2014/09/casio-rhytim-converter.html?m=1#.VMgDuNKG-s_

Here is the video tutorial http://youtu.be/0JTjpSgtSBU

Works fine

Bye

The above link to the English macro and tutorial says no longer available.

Does anybody have them?

I would at least like to get the English macro.

Thanks

Dave 

You can try this one:

https://keyboardsharing.blogspot.com/2014/09/casio-rhytim-converter.html

Avast Internet Security has no info on this site, so use at your own risk.

Personally, I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.  I would not want a rhythm converter to cost me a complete computer rebuild.

I was hoping Strogoff would pop in here and offer some assistance on this, but I checked his profile.  His last login was the end of May, 2016.  That will soon be two years ago.  I suspect he may have sold his Casio gear and is no longer an active member.  I think he was the only one here that pursued this to any extent.  Both of these conversion programs, this one and the Casio one that converts .MID files to Casio CKF Rhythm files are labor intensive, tedious, and more often than not, produce less than desirable, or totally unuseable results, which is most likely why there is only infrequent sporadic interest in them.

Also, Casio has a presence on Facebook.  If you have an account, you may want to try posting your request there, if you have not already done so.

• 1 month later...

I'm having problems with the Yamaha to Casio conversion software.

If I use original Yamaha styles, I get only the simplified style parts, not the advanced style parts that I want.

If I use my EMC Style Works XT to convert to Yamaha SFF, then I get an error when I then try to convert to Casio.

As I wrote, my macro is not Yamaha-to-Casio, but MIDI-to-Casio converter. So yamaha style recognizion is only a sweet option))

And because of more wide features of Yamaha styles, precise conversion Y-to-C in most cases is impossible.

But this is an ancient version of macro, i'm working for version 3, with more wide capabilities.

Meanwhile, meet the translated version of macro.

(special link)

• Like 1

Antonio

Many. many. many thanks for joining in on this!  Since I have never been into converting rhythms, I lack the hands-on experience to be of much help to new-comers, who are interested; and most who were interested several years ago, appear to have lost that interest.  About the only help I can be is to describe how difficult it is, which is really unfair of me.  Just because it is difficult for me does not necessarily mean it needs to be that difficult for someone else.  As for the difficulty of converting Yamaha Styles to Casio Rhythms, that is due, in large part, to the fact that Yamaha Styles contain a text based parameter section known as the "CASM", that is used primarily for "fine tuning" the style.  Even if a Style is converted for use on a different Yamaha keyboard, much of the Style's subtle nuances will be lost, or it may not work at all, if the CASM is damaged or destroyed during the conversion process.  To my knowledge, Casio Rhythms do not include an equivalent section to hold the information contained in a Yamaha "CASM".  Before anyone asks - the meaning of the word "CASM" has been lost in antiquity.   Add to this the fact that beginning with the PSR-S910 and Tyros 3, the SFF-1 Style File Format was significantly changed to the current SFF-2 Style File Format.  Any SFF-2 Style File would need to be first converted from SFF-2 to SFF-1 before being run through any converter program written for SFF-1 Style Files.  For anyone interested in this, an SFF-2 to SFF-1 Converter can be downloaded from Jorgen Sorensen's website:

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sf2c/index.htm

Best of luck to all who embark on a journey down this path.  The rewards seem to be great for those who persevere!  And . . . . with that, I will most graciously back out of this discussion, so as not to detract from it any further than I already have.

Regards,

- T -

• 10 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 9:45 PM, Antonio said:

As I wrote, my macro is not Yamaha-to-Casio, but MIDI-to-Casio converter. So yamaha style recognizion is only a sweet option))

And because of more wide features of Yamaha styles, precise conversion Y-to-C in most cases is impossible.

But this is an ancient version of macro, i'm working for version 3, with more wide capabilities.

Meanwhile, meet the translated version of macro.

(special link)

Hi Antonio,

I know that this is an old topic, but if you’re still around on the forum, I downloaded your macro (English version) and tried it out. I was able to convert some Yamaha STY files to the Casio rhythm format. It willl not work with all STY files but the converted files, when the conversion works, can then be uploaded to and read by the CT-X800 (and probably the whole CT-X line of keyboards).

I have a question: is this possible to use your macro to open a Casio rhythm file made for older keyboards and manually reassign the voices for the CT-X800? I have tried to open already existing AC7 and CKF files in the macro, but I don’t understand what the macro is doing with them, it is a totally different interface than when you are converting a Yamaha STY file to the Casio file format.

Thanks for helping.

You are trying to identify a problem where no problem exists.  There should be absolutely no need for a converter program for CKF, Z00, and AC7 Rhythm files.  The CT-X models support (will use) all three of these Rhythm file formats without conversion, as did their predecessors, the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models.  As a matter of fact, when a CKF/Z00 file from older models is loaded into an AC7 compatible model, the keyboard's operating system converts the CKF/Z00 file to an AC7 format.  That is to say that if, at some point in the future, you export that file back to a PC, it comes back as an AC7 file - not as a CKF/Z00 file.  So, the keyboard itself makes a permanent conversion.  There are very early CKF models whose Rhythm files can not be loaded into later CKF/Z00 models or AC7 models, but these units were marketed well prior to the year 2000, so there is not much chance that you would run into one of those files.  There never was any program to convert them for use in any of the later CKF/Z00/AC7 models.  Now, as with use of older rhythm files in newer models of any arranger keyboards (Casio, Yamaha, etc.), if the older file uses a tone that is no longer on the newer models, then that rhythm file may/will need to be revoiced somewhat to sound correctly on the newer model, but this is the job of the rhythm file editor on the newer model - not a format converter algorithm.  On the previous CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, the lower price CTK/WK-6XXX models did not have a sophisticated enough rhythm file editor to do this.  I am assuming that this has carried over into the CT-X700/800 vs CT-X3000/5000 models, but before we start complaining, we must realize that we can not hold the manufacturer responsible for the "champagne tastes on a beer budget" choices we make.  If the lower priced models contained all the hugher priced model features we want, then that lower priced model would need to also sell at the higher price.

As for the converter program discussed in this thread, the algorithm goes looking for Yamaha Style parts and converts them into Casio Rhythm parts and compiles them into a complete Casio Rhythm file.  If you apply a Casio Rhythm file to its input, it would not know what to do with it, as it would not "see" the Yamaha Style parts that it is looking for.  Here again, this algorithm's job is to convert file formats, not to do revoicings.  In order to do revoicings, it would need to have all the tone lists for all the models it supports embedded within it.  That would be quite a sizeable program, indeed.  Besides, this algorithm was written well before the AC7 file format was even a twinkling in Casio design engineering's eyes - and it was for converting Yamaha STY format to Casio CFK format - not CKF to AC7 or CKF to CKF or AC7 to AC7 - none of which is needed - as discussed above.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:35 PM, vbdx66 said:

Hi Antonio,

I know that this is an old topic, but if you’re still around on the forum, I downloaded your macro (English version) and tried it out. I was able to convert some Yamaha STY files to the Casio rhythm format. It willl not work with all STY files but the converted files, when the conversion works, can then be uploaded to and read by the CT-X800 (and probably the whole CT-X line of keyboards).

I have a question: is this possible to use your macro to open a Casio rhythm file made for older keyboards and manually reassign the voices for the CT-X800? I have tried to open already existing AC7 and CKF files in the macro, but I don’t understand what the macro is doing with them, it is a totally different interface than when you are converting a Yamaha STY file to the Casio file format.

Thanks for helping.

Hi,

My macro was not provided for conversion between different CASIO rhyth formats, but you can open rhythm file in it, reassign voices and other parameters and save as AC7 format..

May be it will work))

But, as "T" wrote, modern models can accept older formats to work with them. I have CTK-7000, and it can do this. But, the process is little more complex (CKF becomes to not an original AC7), but generally it's true 

There is another way to accomplish this...Chandler and I have a huge bunch of posts about dealing with style conversions, and all the above holds true with my experiences-yamaha styles have extra programming language called CASM that will not be recognized by anything but Yamaha arrangers. My process is simple...

1) Pick any of the thousands of Yamaha .sty files, and change the .sty file to .mid. rock.sty becomes simple rock.mid. Now it is a playable midi file-every Yamaha style file I have changed like this has become a playable midi file.

2) Now get hold of Casio's IDES 4.0 editor for older Casios. Install it, learn it. Once you have a .ckf, this is playable by just about any Casio arrangers. There is only one part of this editor that you will need, it is the middle tab option-and this is the midi to ckf converter. without further descriptions, look here....

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/16005-creating-ckf-user-rhythms-reference-manual/&tab=comments#comment-49816

2 hours ago, Antonio said:

Hi,

My macro was not provided for conversion between different CASIO rhyth formats, but you can open rhythm file in it, reassign voices and other parameters and save as AC7 format..

May be it will work))

But, as "T" wrote, modern models can accept older formats to work with them. I have CTK-7000, and it can do this. But, the process is little more complex (CKF becomes to not an original AC7), but generally it's true 

@Antonio When I open a Casio rhythm file with the macro, the macro has a really strange behaviour (the screen is completely different then when you use it to convert a sty. file to a AC7 rhythm) and I don’t understand how I can use it to reassign voices in existing AC7 rhythms. Could you maybe explain in more details? Thanks for helping.

• 10 months later...

Translated..."How to add bookmarks and a midi file to convert to style using the Casio Rhythm Converter program." Can't speak Spanish too well, so will say in English. Not sure what you mean by "bookmarks". Best place to study is Chandler's guide here.....Google Translate for Spanish translation should work.