Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm Conversion: Yamaha to Casio

• 4 months later...

That's probably your anti-virus program doing that.  Whenever I tried running any of the files in this thread, Panda Dome would delete them as having viruses.  Maybe they do. Maybe they really don't.  I just never wanted to take the risk, so left them alone.  Proceed at your own risk.

• 11 months later...

Hi! Friends,

I downloaded the Excel based style to ckf, ac7 convertor and followed the video shared by Fletcher. I'm facing a problem here. The intro is perfectly converted but the variations don't play in the same key that I start to play. It sounds like and augmented or sort of a M7 chord or something like that when I play a major chord!? What am I missing here. Am grateful already for the program and will be more grateful with some help in getting the conversion right for the chords to sound right.

Thanks in anticipation,

Yoyotheclown. 

🌿😌🙏🇮🇳👋😁👍

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 4:46 PM, Yoyotheclown said:

Hi! Friends,

I downloaded the Excel based style to ckf, ac7 convertor and followed the video shared by Fletcher. I'm facing a problem here. The intro is perfectly converted but the variations don't play in the same key that I start to play. It sounds like and augmented or sort of a M7 chord or something like that when I play a major chord!? What am I missing here. Am grateful already for the program and will be more grateful with some help in getting the conversion right for the chords to sound right.

Thanks in anticipation,

Yoyotheclown. 

🌿😌🙏🇮🇳👋😁👍

@Jokeyman123

Thanks Mr. Jokeyman for giving me/us this advice. This may be helpful to you also Mr. Yoyotheclown

You may not be able to fix this without major EVENT EDITING, if even that. Yamaha style files have an advanced form of programming embedded in their styles called "CASM" modelling-which do not easily translate to anything else. What type of chords are being used in this original .sty file? When you create an original rhythm/chord style, you are always supposed to start with a C root and a major chord. If this original style was created with minor chords, you will have to do some editing as far as I know.

Your best solution might be to change and view your .sty Yamaha file as a .mid file. Yamaha .sty files can be converted to .mid files simply by changing the file suffix from .sty to .mid. Now load this mid file into your DAW or an even simple midi file editor to play/preview it, (I've used Anvil Studio, Jazzware sequencer and Yamaha XGWorks for this but you can use any midi file player/editor) and to see exactly how the original Yamaha file is designed-which tones are being used, which melodies and chords are being used. This may be one way to edit and change the style to play in a Casio, but you will still need to convert that midi file to a Casio file. Look up Chandler's outstanding tutorial here about rhythm conversions, which is based upon the workings of Chandler and many of us who have been able to at least convert other styles to .ckf rhythm files for older Casios but not necessarily for the newer Casio style formats. But these conversion swill definitely work with the WK 6500/600/7500/7600 and CTK6000/6200/6250/7000 and 7200 which can play .ckf rhythms and also save these as .AC7's internally with the keyboards i listed.