Video Files on Forum ×

Fade in and fade out the SSEQ

brx

Hello all! :)

I've been experimenting with XW-P1 for a long time, but this thing bothers me, so I want to know, how you guys can resolve this problem. :)

I'm using the chain function and have aligned parts like I wanted to, but I want, for example, the first part to slowly fade in and the last part to slowly fade out.

I tried to play with different patterns of a sequencer using the mixer, but the result was the same (all the patters were using the same volume).

How I can achieve this fade in and fade out effect on a step sequencer?

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried using the control tracks to change the volume of individual parts?

First of all, sorry for the late reply.

I tried experimenting with control track (Ctrl1 only), but I can't seem to resolve the problem.

On a Ctrl1 track I set volume from slider 1 to 16, from 0 to 90, increasing using the sliders.

When I open a mixer I see that the volume is on 90 and when I start sseq, it doesn't fade in like I wanted to. Instead of fading in, it plays at volume 90.

I don't want to rely on a computer and to add fade in effect in DAW, I want to add that effect live as a pattern in a chain if it is possible.

What is the best way to produce it?