Transfering music from WK3800 to WK7600

Timothy

About the only data that can be ported from the WK-3800 to the WK-7600 are Standard MIDI (song) Files (SMF) with a ".mid" file extension and rhythm files.  The WK-7600 will import WK-3800 rhythm files from a PC via the Data Manager 6.X software or directly from the MUSICDAT folder of an SD Card in either their ".CKF" (generic) or ".Z00" (WK-3800 specific) file formats.  As it loads the WK-3800 rhythm files, the WK-7600 will convert them to the new CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX ".AC7" rhythm file format.  I say this because, if you were to upload them back to a PC with the Data Manager 6.X software at some time in the future, you would see that they come back as the new ".AC7" rhythm file format.

The sound engine was changed drastically from the WK-3800 to the newer models, so this renders WK-3800 Tone files, Wave with Tone files, Drawbar Organ Tone files, DSP files, Registration files, etc. incompatible with the newer boards.

Even though standard WAV files can be converted to Casio format and played with the WK-7600's Audio File Player, they can not be loaded as "samples", spread across the keyboard, and played from the keys as they could with the WK-3800.  This feature has been completely abandoned with the newer models (save for the new XW-G1 synth).

The WK-3800 saved its "song" files in the WK-3800 specific ".Z02" file format, but it could also load and play song files in the generic ".CKF" song file format as distributed by Casio, but neither of these file formats is compatible with the WK-7600's Song Sequencer, which requires files in the ".CMS" file format.  About the only recourse you have with any WK-3800 song files is to load them back into the WK-3800, save them as Standard MIDI Files with the ".mid" file extension and play them back with the WK-7600's MIDI file player, but you would not be able to load them into the WK-7600's Song Sequencer for editing or playback from there.

I wish I had some better news for you in all this, but perhaps you will understand why several of us here on the forum have kept our old WK-3XXX boards, even though we have the newer models as well

• 1 month later...

Timothy

About the only data that can be ported from the WK-3800 to the WK-7600 are Standard MIDI (song) Files (SMF) with a ".mid" file extension and rhythm files.  The WK-7600 will import WK-3800 rhythm files from a PC via the Data Manager 6.X software or directly from the MUSICDAT folder of an SD Card in either their ".CKF" (generic) or ".Z00" (WK-3800 specific) file formats.  As it loads the WK-3800 rhythm files, the WK-7600 will convert them to the new CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX ".AC7" rhythm file format.  I say this because, if you were to upload them back to a PC with the Data Manager 6.X software at some time in the future, you would see that they come back as the new ".AC7" rhythm file format.

The sound engine was changed drastically from the WK-3800 to the newer models, so this renders WK-3800 Tone files, Wave with Tone files, Drawbar Organ Tone files, DSP files, Registration files, etc. incompatible with the newer boards.

Even though standard WAV files can be converted to Casio format and played with the WK-7600's Audio File Player, they can not be loaded as "samples", spread across the keyboard, and played from the keys as they could with the WK-3800.  This feature has been completely abandoned with the newer models (save for the new XW-G1 synth).

The WK-3800 saved its "song" files in the WK-3800 specific ".Z02" file format, but it could also load and play song files in the generic ".CKF" song file format as distributed by Casio, but neither of these file formats is compatible with the WK-7600's Song Sequencer, which requires files in the ".CMS" file format.  About the only recourse you have with any WK-3800 song files is to load them back into the WK-3800, save them as Standard MIDI Files with the ".mid" file extension and play them back with the WK-7600's MIDI file player, but you would not be able to load them into the WK-7600's Song Sequencer for editing or playback from there.

I wish I had some better news for you in all this, but perhaps you will understand why several of us here on the forum have kept our old WK-3XXX boards, even though we have the newer models as well

Im on the same boat but I read this advice too late I aready sold my Wk 3300 to buy the wk7600.

Will the rythms from Wk3300 load into wk 7600?

Now I dont know if its worth to keep the 7600,I love the key action but I miss too many tones from Wk 3300

I have 7600 for 2months, but im slightly disappointed with it.  It has no midi in.out which is more suitable for live performance than having to configure a computer, and I don't like the way it handles splits and layers ( see my previous comment about this )

Also there are no realtime controls for sustain or chorus  so again you have to mess about editing and saving tones to memory banks.

I have 7600 for 2months, but im slightly disappointed with it.  It has no midi in.out which is more suitable for live performance than having to configure a computer, and I don't like the way it handles splits and layers ( see my previous comment about this )

Also there are no realtime controls for sustain or chorus  so again you have to mess about editing and saving tones to memory banks.

I feel you,Im on day 2 and I felt a bit dissapointed til I realized that yes the WK7600 may not be exactly what I was looking for.It may not be the right keyboard to gig solo or use as a synth for patches.

I was seriously thinking of sendint it back cause I was thinking of gigging this end of the year and it just didnt fit right with my repertoire...

But man I created a grand piano tone this morning and I just cant get rid of this keyboard.The keys feel so good,its light weight,its black and elegant fits anywhere in the house and you get such a quality Grand sound.

So at the end Im going to keep it just to play pianoa nd rhodes for the love of it. I dont like to plug a computer or whatever everytime I feel like playing.

This si the perfect keyboard to have around just to jam and work on ideas,play for your family etc. Plus the recording and mic in adds a lot to it.

And no matter if you have a synth full of sounds drums etc in your studio,you always need an elegant great sounding grand,for playing background anywhere,maybe a jazz gig or home. What Im gonna do is buy my old wk3300 use that one for gigging and keep this beautiful keyboard for home use