downloading new sounds and stage settings

azriverguy

On my new PX-5s, which I have had for about a week, I am curious if I want to download a new sound or stage setting, especially some written or used by Mike Martin, will I have to replace a factory sound or stage setting? I suppose in the matter of stage settings in particular as there are 100 of them, to add a new one would mean taking the place of an existing one?

Is so can I put sounds or stage settings on a USB drive for use directly from the drive or would they need to reside on board to use during a performance?

That makes perfect sense since there are 100 places to store stage settings and it's unlikely too many of us need all 100. As I am looking for new sounds and stage settings to download, I am looking for an explanation of .ZPF and .ZLT files. I have downloaded a couple of stage settings and put them into the PX-5s, but have not sent any tones or melody files over to the keyboard yet. Still a bit confusing.

ZPF  = "P"erformance  "F"ile   (AKA Stage Settings.....AKA Registrations or Setups)

ZLT = Hex "L"ayer "T"ones

ZPH = "PH"RASES

ZTN = MELODY "T"O"N"ES

ZAR = "AR"PEGGIO'S

ZDR = "DR"UM TONES

ZAL = "AL"L Data files 

I think that's all of them.  

Note: Customized Hex layer tones, melody tones, drum tones, and arpeggios can be saved as part of a ZPH Stage setting file.  Those tones can exist here and here alone.  See this thread here.   http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4270-stage-settings-and-tones/

• Like 1