Video Files on Forum ×

A drum kit sacrificed and replaced for fx kit on the PX5S I would not mind.

XW-Addict

I would not mind for one of the drum kits on the PX5S be sacrificed for an Fx kit. There are ways to create sound fx kit on the XW tones and I could probably do it with the PX5  tones but its tedious. If Casio would be nice to look into that I would like to hear a galloping horse ,footsteps etc.

Ahh.. the old theatre organ concept. I need a lot of sound effects for my son's Scout meetings.. they do a lot of skits and themes.. They do have a limited amount of GM sound effects on the PX-5S, but most of the samples need to be useful to pro musicians so the space went to pianos and such.

So lets talk SOLUTIONS! 

I use an iPad with a free sampler player app:

2jcbrro.jpg

If you don't have an iPad, the Akai MPX8 is only $100 US and sits perfectly on the PX-5S battery cover. (yes the red keyboard is a PX-5S)
2e0mgyf.jpg
1600-MPX8_detail1.jpg

• Like 3

Its doable I have an mpx8 which I also combine with the XW it covers ambient sounds from those samples. 

What I actually want are Fx-sound which I can trigger within the synth and edit them accordingly in addition with dsp . lfo etc.

I've done it with the gunshot tone on the xw and used drumloop phrase to create a rhythmic sound to play with a sequence,

its very melodic and different.

What I actually want are Fx-sound which I can trigger within the synth and edit them accordingly in addition with dsp .

Yeah - I like sound effects too. A lot.  :) ..But I guess the issue for Casio is: how many people want something like that in a Stage Piano? And is it worth taking up memory for sound effect instead of instrument samples?

You may want to look at one of the new Casio samplers.. you can record a sound effect and then do all sorts of crazy things to using the new Sound EFX feature. They start at $100 street price. Let me know if you want more info on these! 

Yeah - I like sound effects too. A lot.  :) ..But I guess the issue for Casio is: how many people want something like that in a Stage Piano? And is it worth taking up memory for sound effect instead of instrument samples?

You may want to look at one of the new Casio samplers.. you can record a sound effect and then do all sorts of crazy things to using the new Sound EFX feature. They start at $100 street price. Let me know if you want more info on these! 

--- :o  o.k---- STOP the presses.

You never guess what I've found and by the looks of it fits perfectly with the the PX5S don't get me wrong I like the mpx8 but I love aesthetics to watch this and tell me is it cool or is it cool. Volca sampler a perfect sized little box :).