Video Files on Forum ×

Quantizing on the CTK6200

nuronerd

You nailed it -- my headphone jack is a one way street.  Meanwhile, in desperation today I came up with another solution:  I recorded the Casio song data into my Marantz desk top recorder, downloaded that file to my laptop and then into Audacity where I boosted the volume (which was really low for some reason), exported that to my Dell desk top as a wav. file which I can now convert to mp3 and send to my band members!  Where there's a will...

I checked out your link to the U-Control unit and I'll probably pick that up.  Thanks again!

Glad you got it all sorted - at least for the moment.  There are fancier USB-audio interfaces, but the price goes up sharply.  Some folks don't care for them and opt for stand alone digital recorders that record to an SD Card or Compact Flash card, so this way you have not spent a ton of money on an interface, in case you would decide to go stand alone at some point in the future.  I have a Fostex digital 8-tracker that I rely on more and more, as time goes by.  Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Here's a new topic related to "muting tracks":  Once having muted desired tracks, is there a way to select an internal tone and play (preferably without recording -- just jamming) against the track?   Fingers crossed -- this would be helpful in my composing process.

Thanks.

Rochard

Yes !   You can do what you want, but there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind.  First, the three keyboard zones [ "Main" (Upper-1), "Layer" (Upper-2) and "Split" (Lower) ] connect only to Tracks A01, A02, and A03, respectively, during live or real time (non-recording) play.  There is no way for them to connect to any other track(s) without going into one of the two record modes.  During EASY RECord mode, the three keyboard zones connect to and record to Tracks A05, A06, and A07 respectively, instead of to A01, A02, and A03.  This leaves Tracks A01, A02, and A03 free for play-along play during playback of a previously recorded performance.  Now, let us say that you have a previously recorded performance with a clean guitar rhythm part on track A14, and you would prefer to play-along (jam) your own muted guitar part there.  Once your song is loaded, you would mute Track A14 (the clean guitar), assign a muted guitar tone to the Upper-1 keyboard zone (Track A01), start playback, and jam along with your new guitar part, but if you decide you like what you have done and want to record the change, you need to be very careful.  You would need to record your muted guitar part to one of the available "B" Tracks with the "Individual track recording" method.  You can not record it to any of the "A" Tracks, as attempting to do so would erase your entire previous performance - all 16 tracks.  You will probably want to permanently mute the original clean guitar part (Track 14), so before starting your recording of your new guitar part, mute Track A14 and do a Panel Record to save that setting.  You should be able to do that without risk of losing pre-recorded data.

Good luck !

• 3 years later...

@- T -Fweeew! I followed along this thread with all the useful info! Thankyou! I did not know my CTK6200 had a 17 track sequencer. I assumed all Casio keyboards only had the limited 5 or 6 tracks that the older 90s keyboards like the CTK611 had. Nice to know this! I wonder if the CTK4200 has a the same sequencer or if it IS the 5 track limited version found on most Casios from the 90s? As such, what ever the case, your instructions would apply to the CTK4200 as well no? I just tried to record on it tonight just to see if it worked, and I recorded 3 tracks and played them back. I of course only used the drum sounds to record bass drum and snare, hi hat and cymbal and tried to play piano on track 3. Nope, just drums. So seems the CTK4200 only has a 4 or 5 track easy record? No multi channel. multi timbral midi record? Mind you, I do NOT have a manual. I bought BOTH the CTK4200/6200 used for pennies on the dollar. I did notice that on the CTK4200 when I press the recorder button, it says rec no or play no on the screen. But it chooses the first RHYTHM style SYNTHPOP and stays there. Once I recorded my 3 tracks of drums, it only plays back that clip. I can not access the styles by pressing the rhythm styles button on the right side of the LCD. I had to turn off the unit and back on again to get back to normal home keyboard preset beats mode.. In other words, I could not EXIT song record mode and was stuck on it until I reset the keyboard. Is this true with all new Casios? Is there a way out of song mode back to normal mode" I pressed the EXIT button too to no avail.

Edited by pianokeyjoe
adding more info.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Thankyou! It was a bit confusing as at first I typed in CTK4200 and had no results found error. I found it with the drop down options instead but you also have to select the section on the right side of the page and make sure the search bar is clear(no words typed in from before). Time to peruse that thang again! LOL! Thankyou @Brad Saucier

• Like 1