Video Files on Forum ×

thesource007

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. My new Casio PX5S just arrived and I am trying to understand how it works, but it is a bit much. I will definitely have lots of questions. But for now, I have two questions.

1) Why does this piano have two (head) phones outputs? I connected my headphones (3.5 mm with stereo  1/4'' adapter), and I can't tell the difference between the two connections. Will the sound quality improve if I connect my headphones two both outputs and the same time (using proper adapters) ?

2) What would you think is the best video recorder for a stage piano. I used to record myself using just my Iphone, since my previous piano had speakers. But since this new piano doesn't, I know I have to find a camera that I can connect the audio to.

What camera and connections would you recommend for a good price ( approx < $100 ... yeah, tight budget, since I bought this great piano)

Thank you all.

Some of the other Privias have duet mode. This is where a Teacher and student can split the board and play in unison. This would allow them to play in the same octaves at the same time. I'm not sure why they would need headphone jacks though.

Maybe the second one is for sending a click track to a drummer?

I wonder if you could run the second headphone out and back into the audio in and apply effects or filters to it?

I bet there is no sound difference between the two though. 

Maybe someone can come up with a definite reason for two headphone jacks?

Casio might have been giving us more bang for our buck :D

I think the main idea for the two headphone outs was teacher/student, doing "silent" lessons. You could also use them for late night recording - one for the keys player, one for singer/guitarist/bassist- bring the DAW back into 1/8" input somehow. Also, use one phones output to feed a camera input !

Don't know bout cameras, but I imagine a cable that is 1/4"TRS to 1/8"TRS would feed stereo audio from the PX to an audio input in a camera. Now, if you also sing and want to record that too - whole different can of worms.

Two headphone jacks are so two people can listen.  Simple as that.

Video camera that will take a stereo audio inputs for $100 is a challenge.  Maybe there is something you can adapt to your iphone?

I use the iRig AmpliTube to connect my Privia to my iPhone for recording. It's only $40 or so.. only problem: It's mono.  :( 

Better than using the iPhone mic though...

irig1-4_4_plug.jpg