PX-5S Updated ALL File

Mike Martin

File Name: PX-5S Updated ALL File

File Submitter: Mike Martin

File Submitted: 17 Sep 2014

File Category: Miscellaneous

If I could update the factory presets with new ones, this would be my desired set. This keeps about 80% of the original Stage Settings and adds many of the new ones including the new strings and more.

The downloadable PDF file shows the list of the Stage Settings. Those in BOLD are different from the original factory set.

I have also included a number of individual tones (and Hex Layer tones). This aspect of this all file will continue to evolve as I have the time to include additional user tones that I've extracted from the more popular Stage Settings. Keep an eye for updates to this file.

Now includes the "Alternate Order" option to have all Stage Settings by category and bank.
Bank 0 - Pianos
Bank 1 - Electric Pianos
Bank 2 - Wurlys
Bank 3 - Synths / Leads
Bank 4 - Clavs / Harpsichords
Bank 5 - Strings / Orchestral / Brass
Bank 6 - Organs
Bank 7 - Hex Layers / Pads / Synths
Bank 8 - Arpeggiated Sounds
Bank 9 - Phrase and Arpeggiated Sounds

Instructions for loading:
This file can only be loaded directly from the PX-5S. The editor can not be used.

Put the download file on a USB drive in a folder called "MUSICDAT"
Put the USB drive in the PX-5S.
Press and hold the MEDIA button the PX-5S for 2 seconds.
From the display select LOAD, then scroll down and find ALL from the menu and press ENTER.
Use the No/Yes buttons to choose the file you want to load, then press ENTER.

Click here to download this file

• Like 10

1. Put the PX5SALL2.ZAL file in the MUSICDAT folder on your USB drive.

Insert the USB drive in your PX-5S and hold the Media button until the display says "Mounting Media".

Select "Load" and press Enter (these first three steps are exactly the same for Stage Settings).

Select "All Data" (it's the last option in the list) and press Enter.

You should see PX5SALL2.ZAL. Press Enter like it says and you should be good to go.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's an ALL file where the stages settings are in an alternative order: Pianos are in bank 1, EPs in bank 2 and so on. With the original you get a mix in each bank. It won't load automatically. IIRC, you hold down the media button on the right and then look for an option to Load All or something like that. The file does need to be in a MUSICDAT folder on your usb key.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need clarification of the term “load”. If I load the ALL file from my flashdrive, does it 1) permanently replace the factory Stage Settings, 2) install an alternate set accesable on command, or 3) is it only accessed while the flashdrive is in the loading port?

Many thanks for your attention to a nervous novice!

Si Perkoff

It replaces the factory stage settings, along with any you may have edited.

If you ever want to get back to the factory stage settings, that ALL file is available as well. But you won't. These are much better.

As far as any you have edited, you can save those to your USB drive first and reload them on to your PX-5S afterwards.

• Like 2

Hi Joe,

I attempted to load from the flash-drive. Error message = NO FILE. I think I followed the download directions, but I wonder I missed some step regarding the MUSICDAT folder. I just got a new folder on my desktop and named it MUSICDAT and dragged the download into the folder. Yes? No?

Anything else ?

Thanks,

Si

• 2 months later...

File Name: PX-5S Updated ALL File

File Submitter: Mike Martin

File Submitted: 17 Sep 2014

File Category: Miscellaneous

If I could update the factory presets with new ones, this would be my desired set. This keeps about 80% of the original Stage Settings and adds many of the new ones including the new strings and more.

The downloadable PDF file shows the list of the Stage Settings. Those in BOLD are different from the original factory set.

I have also included a number of individual tones (and Hex Layer tones). This aspect of this all file will continue to evolve as I have the time to include additional user tones that I've extracted from the more popular Stage Settings. Keep an eye for updates to this file.

Now includes the "Alternate Order" option to have all Stage Settings by category and bank.

Bank 0 - Pianos

Bank 1 - Electric Pianos

Bank 2 - Wurlys

Bank 3 - Synths / Leads

Bank 4 - Clavs / Harpsichords

Bank 5 - Strings / Orchestral / Brass

Bank 6 - Organs

Bank 7 - Hex Layers / Pads / Synths

Bank 8 - Arpeggiated Sounds

Bank 9 - Phrase and Arpeggiated Sounds

Instructions for loading:

This file can only be loaded directly from the PX-5S. The editor can not be used.

Put the download file on a USB drive in a folder called "MUSICDAT"

Put the USB drive in the PX-5S.

Press and hold the MEDIA button the PX-5S for 2 seconds.

From the display select LOAD, then scroll down and find ALL from the menu and press ENTER.

Use the No/Yes buttons to choose the file you want to load, then press ENTER.

Click here to download this file

I update all as instructed though the names are still the same, not as  in BOLD

Greetings. I just purchased a new PX-5S (which I adore), and I've installed the Firmware Update 1.13 (dated 01 Oct. 2014).

I'm wondering if the "ALL FILE" download, which was generated in Sept. 2014, is already part of the most recent Firmware Update 1.13, or if I need to install BOTH the firmware update AND the "ALL FILE" download?

Also, is there a plan for a release of a new 2015 version of an ALL FILE download?

No, the All File at the beginning of this thread is not what you have that came with the PX-5S nor the firmware update. You need to install the All File separately.

Thanks for clearing that up, Joe ... I've now installed the file(s) successfully.

Now I need to browse other essential downloads.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Brand new user here, forgive my ignorance.  Can any one walk me through how to get musicdat file set up on a usb, and how to get the new stage settings loaded into my 5s?  I am using a macbook laptop.  When I first tried to download this all file, I couldnt figure out how to get it in the usb.

Brand new user here, forgive my ignorance.  Can any one walk me through how to get musicdat file set up on a usb, and how to get the new stage settings loaded into my 5s?  I am using a macbook laptop.  When I first tried to download this all file, I couldnt figure out how to get it in the usb.

The easiest way to set up your USB drive is to format it on the PX-5S itself. When it does it, it will format it correctly (FAT) and create the MUSICDAT folder for you. This all can be done on a Mac, but it's easier to get right on the PX-5S. See formatting on page E-31 of the printed manual (User's Guide Basics) and "Loading Data from a USB Flash Drive to Digital Piano Memory" on page E-32. In between these two steps, you'll need to connect the flash drive to your Mac and drop the ALL file in the MUSICDAT folder.

• Like 1