PX-5S Updated ALL File

Mike Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New PX-5S owner (like less than 24 hours new), and new forum member at the recommendation of a few other owners. I just downloaded and installed the ALTORDR2 file, also at the recommendation of a few other owners.  All I can say is, 'Wow'. I was initially a little disappointed with the factory non-piano sounds, but since I bought this mostly for the pianos, it wasn't a big deal. But the lush strings and pads that have been tweaked out of this thing in this update -- at least the few I've sampled so far -- are nothing short of impressive. 

Awesome work, Mike.   :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Mike: its been almost a year, any updates to this file yet? I want to install it but if you come out withan update next week and I have to install it again I would be very cross.  :/

I have a XW-P1 that has the sounds layed out in order like that and it's much easier to access what you are looking for as opposed to the G1 groove! Oh yea, the XW-P1 came with the 'Tutorial and cost half as much as a PX-5s!

I think not including the 'tutorial with the PX-5s  is a stingy oversite. At best it looks like you guys hired Mr. Haney' from Green Acres to sell this piano & string you on for the list of sounds in it and how you program the frickin' thing!  I'm still scratching my head trying to understand why they layed out the tones in such a random order and then expect you (Mike Martin) to have to 'goose it up for them! ...

Best Wishes, Spike 99 :) ...

The tones on the PX-5s are organized like on the XW-P1.  The tones are on the buttons left of the screen on the PX-5s and are categorized by type.  Similar to what's on the XW-P1.  Stage settings are NOT tones. Stage settings are kin to the XW-P1 performances.  This is what Mike's update is.  It's a reorganization of the original factory stage settings with some replaced by improved alternates taken from stage settings that have been programmed and uploaded to the forums since the PX-5s was released.  

Also. the factory stage settings are in order.  In the factory arrangement, stage settings are categorized by their last number rather than first number. (example: 0-0 Concert Grand)  

Stage settings ending in these numbers are....

0 - Pianos
1 - Electric Pianos
2 - Wurlys
3 - Synths / Leads
4 - Clavs / Harpsichords
5 - Strings / Orchestral / Brass
6 - Organs
7 - Hex Layers / Pads / Synths
8 - Arpeggiated Sounds
9 - Phrase and Arpeggiated Sounds

It was done this way for out-of-the-box immediate access to a variety of sounds from within one bank.  Also, these are all user stage settings. They are completely programmable or organizable into whatever the owner wishes.  

• 1 month later...

This is so embarrassing but I'm having a problem downloading this soundest. Just got my Px5s today and loving it, but I'm not used to dealing with the Casio OS and I'm getting stuck.

here's the thing: when I click 'download' I get a link to download a pdf of the sounds. Nothing else. What am I doing wrong? I'm downloading onto a Mac with Snow Leopard.

Thanks,

Doug

Hey there. There are three files on the download page at http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/download/724-px-5s-updated-all-file/

You want the ones that end with ".zal" - one is the "standard order", the other is the "alternative order".. same sounds just different arrangements in the banks.

The other file is the PDF as you found out. smile.gif 
Let me know if you need more help.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Here are the instructions pasted from the download page:

Put the download file on a USB drive in a folder called "MUSICDAT"
Put the USB drive in the PX-5S.
Press and hold the MEDIA button the PX-5S for 2 seconds.
From the display select LOAD, then scroll down and find ALL from the menu and press ENTER.
Use the No/Yes buttons to choose the file you want to load, then press ENTER.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

New PX-5S owner here - these forums were a great resource when choosing the keyboard, and having Mike in here is fantastic - this was a major factor in my decision, so thanks to all contributors!

I installed the Alt Order file, and it works just fine. Like others I wanted a list of all the Alt Order stage settings to reference, so I put together a Google Sheets document that anyone can view which is sortable by Original or Alt order: 

Casio PX-5S Stage Settings v2.5

Now my question - when going through each sound in the Alt order, I found that there seems to be a duplicate stage setting:

"Clav/PedWah2" is at 4-2 and 4-8, and both sound the same to me (I didn't look into whether there were any slider/knob assignment differences).

In the original order PDF in the download, there is a stage setting "Clav2Ped Wah" at 2-4 instead, and that name isn't in the Alt order at all.

Is this an error when copying the stage settings around to create the Alt order?

If so, can we get an update with the missing sound restored? (I guess this is addressed to Mike!)

Also - I can't seem to click the "Follow this topic" button. Anyone know how to do this? [Edit - this works now]

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Alternate Order DL saved me many hours of rearranging stage settings, I could never get by with the original banks. 

FIRST, assuming you have created/modded many of your own stage settings: back up the whole package as described above, except from the media display select SAVE and ALL. 

Load the new pack as described.

THEN cherry-pick the new settings Mike has created and save the ones you want to keep individually to USB drive / computer. 

Finally reload your whole stage settings pack and then you can overwrite settings as you please with the new ones.

On 26/03/2016 at 3:47 PM, negriljerry said:

Mike - can you post a list (pdf) of the tones you also replaced?

Did Mike update Tones, or just the Stage Settings? From memory, the Stage Settings he edited are in bold in the PDF.

On 31/12/2015 at 2:51 PM, Nicko said:

Now my question - when going through each sound in the Alt order, I found that there seems to be a duplicate stage setting:

"Clav/PedWah2" is at 4-2 and 4-8, and both sound the same to me (I didn't look into whether there were any slider/knob assignment differences).

In the original order PDF in the download, there is a stage setting "Clav2Ped Wah" at 2-4 instead, and that name isn't in the Alt order at all.

Is this an error when copying the stage settings around to create the Alt order?

If so, can we get an update with the missing sound restored? (I guess this is addressed to Mike!)

I've made the changes to replace one of the duplicate sounds with the missing one from the original stage settings.

If Mike isn't still active, I'll upload this file (with an updated PDF of the alt order), but it would be better not to "branch" this file.

Anyone else interested in this fix?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...