Video Files on Forum ×

Jamming with the PX5S and G1

My sunday jam session I've used the new all files for the PX5S from Mike Martin and combined some of the patches with a Fusion/Funk style step sequence I've worked on experimenting with drum patterns they quiet interesting because every patch on the PX5S gives another flavor I'm using only two chords and freestyle on the right. One peculiar thing happened on session 3 is a note got stuck on the G1 and kept ringing so I've ended that jam I was really into it anyhow   :P  enjoy.

And the last jam of the night

https://soundcloud.com/clay-louis-petty/one-night-6-degree-ld-patch-jam-session-4

One night - jam session 3.MP3

One Night - jam session 1.MP3

One Night - jam session 2.MP3

One Night - 6 Degree LD jam session 4.MP3

• Like 2

Very tasty noodling.  Mind if I ask whom you were jamming with?  Was it a net based jam?

Enquiring minds wanna know :)

Gary

These two keyboards jam with me and there lot of inspiration here to come by so that helps :)) But if you think it sound like a band session then these keyboards certainly did their part XD.

I happen to be idling on the Jamulus software right now, connected to a Canadian server and waiting for someone to show up and start a little jam session.

Why not try installing the software and see how you like it?  Maybe we can pound out a few tunes together? :)

I believe there's a Windows build available.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/llcon/

Gary

I happen to be idling on the Jamulus software right now, connected to a Canadian server and waiting for someone to show up and start a little jam session.

Why not try installing the software and see how you like it?  Maybe we can pound out a few tunes together? :)

I believe there's a Windows build available.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/llcon/

Gary

If you're idling in the weekend I'll give it a try be warned tho I'm not a gifted "Noodler" inspiration comes at certain hours and could take seconds to minutes even hours of nothing until something hits so expect in the mean while to be surrounded by crickets chirping away. :P

I'll try to be online Saturday or Sunday afternoon and evening we'll see if we can start something up.

One word of warning.  Don't use a wireless connection.  The wireless latency is unbearable.

In the meantime I'd like to encourage everyone out there to install and use this software.  The intersection set of computer literate geeks and willing and able musicians so far seems to be a microscopic community, but hopefully if this starts to catch on we'd be able to pick up an informal jam any time of the day or night. :)

Gary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to be online Saturday or Sunday afternoon and evening we'll see if we can start something up.

One word of warning.  Don't use a wireless connection.  The wireless latency is unbearable.

In the meantime I'd like to encourage everyone out there to install and use this software.  The intersection set of computer literate geeks and willing and able musicians so far seems to be a microscopic community, but hopefully if this starts to catch on we'd be able to pick up an informal jam any time of the day or night. :)

Gary

This going to be a long stretch getting a planet wide jam going, Btw the lowest latency I got from it was from within Europe :) through wifi tho :)). It looks interesting I'll hook it up to the web to see what happens, Btw Have you guys tried Ohm its also something similar like that.