CTK-6200 Rhythm editor

Xeraviton

On CTK-6200 when you want to edit a rhythm, the only thing that you can do is to change the instruments,and then using the mixer to modify the sound of the instrument. There is not any way that you can create your own new pattern, and replace it with present beats as a new user style.I wonder if you can create your own rhythms on this keyboard, meaning  adding some melodies, or grooves of your own to create a user rhythm. It seems the rhythm is what it is. 

You are correct. The "user" rhythms are really just tweaks of the preset versions.  Here is some previous discussion regarding the WK-6600, which has the same capabilities as the CTK-6200, just a larger keyboard and increased event capacity for the sequencer:  http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5692-can-create-rhythm-patterns-for-wk-6600/  .   I'm a new 6200 owner myself, and it definitely has a couple of annoying limitations, but I'm having so much fun playing around with the tone editor and arpeggiator that they don't bother me too much.  B)

If you are interested in making custom beats, I HIGHLY recommend checking out the Casio XW-P1 or XW-G1. The step sequencer is, in effect, a drum machine and bass line machine.. it also has tracks for other parts like chords stabs, melody parts, etc. 

Mike Martin has a quick demo on YouTube as well as several other more in-depth tutorials on the Casio Music Gear YouTube Channel.

You know, Scott, when I first saw your reply I thought it was sort of odd, given that the XW's are totally different animals from the CTK/WK units.  I wondered why you didn't suggest a WK-7600, for example.  After thinking about it, though, an XW might be a great way to go.  The WK-7600, while allowing custom beats via pattern sequencing, would duplicate so much else of what the 6200 does that it might be a questionable value for someone who already owns a 6200, being essentially the same price as an XW.  An XW, however, would not only give nearly endless custom rhythm options, but would also give you access to a fantastic and highly programmable synthesizer (and sampler in the case of the G1).    B)