Video Files on Forum ×

PX5S 1.13 update experience

XW-Addict

Actually, if you got two PX-5S owners together, that would be even better...

If I would and could put out the differences having two PX5S I would have ,Since I've gotten my PX5S with 1.10 I've been sticking with 1.10 and jumped to 1.13 with full confidence. I could do it from 1.12 and lay out where the sound difference out. Doing that means recording any sound and go over to install 1.13 and stay with it because I'm a type of person very unsure with updates doing something wrong that would lead me off from using my PX5S for a while. 1.13 sounds thin the bottom in some stages are out and there is a ringing sound half way from middle C with some stages. In short I miss the low vibrant bass thing from ambient sounds.

Actually, if you got two PX-5S owners together, that would be even better...

Well, the sound difference may show up on some machines and not others.  There could be slight differences in hardware depending on the manufacturing date and other factors.  It may affect machines that were originally shipped with firmware 1.00 that was later updated at the retail store or manually by the owner.

As far as matching the sound against another user's sounds, Piano Man Chuck made all of those videos with the original stage settings and tones a year ago or so.  I suppose a rough comparison could be done against those if anyone has the time. It might give an idea if there is a sound difference, though there is no control for differences in hardware - both the PX and the audio equipment used by Chuck.

With a bit of reluctance I've installed 1.13 again.... :wacko: All seems vanished I don't understand what happened under the hood the only thing I can think about is something stayed intact going from 1.10 to 1.13 causing none proper initialization I'm guessing here. Good thing is the ringing is gone PX5 is vibrant again, It should not matter but I'll update each step of the way to prevent uneasiness. Updates can be tricky fruit-cake stuff next time I'll record any unexpected event  ;)

There is NO audio difference between 1.12 and 1.13 at all.

All things being equal and proper that's most likely true.  But when it comes to updates, version changes, installs, etc. in the computer world, there can always be slight differences, steps that are missed, equipment, corrupt files, or processes that were or weren't followed that can make or break a good install.

Hmmm.  So Something has changed for you - perhaps it was going from 1.10 to 1.13.  Then when you went to 1.12 and to 1.13, there were no problems.  Did you initialize afterwards the same way after both updates?  Did you load back in the same stage settings exactly the same way?  Did you use the same USB flash drive?  Did you check the version on the machine after the update?

There may be something in the process or in the version number change that influenced the differences you heard.  If it could be noted or discovered, then it could be documented as part of the upgrade process.  The upgrades may have to happen in sequence in order to carry over the proper changes from one to the next.  An ALL stage setting loaded in from version 1.10 may not be 100% compatible but loading in individual stage settings may.

It would be good to nail down exactly what you did differently.  The noticeable change is that you went from v 1.12 to 1.13 vs 1.10. to 1.13.

All things being equal and proper that's most likely true.  But when it comes to updates, version changes, installs, etc. in the computer world, there can always be slight differences, steps that are missed, equipment, corrupt files, or processes that were or weren't followed that can make or break a good install.

Hmmm.  So Something has changed for you - perhaps it was going from 1.10 to 1.13.  Then when you went to 1.12 and to 1.13, there were no problems.  Did you initialize afterwards the same way after both updates?  Did you load back in the same stage settings exactly the same way?  Did you use the same USB flash drive?  Did you check the version on the machine after the update?

There may be something in the process or in the version number change that influenced the differences you heard.  If it could be noted or discovered, then it could be documented as part of the upgrade process.  The upgrades may have to happen in sequence in order to carry over the proper changes from one to the next.  An ALL stage setting loaded in from version 1.10 may not be 100% compatible but loading in individual stage settings may.

It would be good to nail down exactly what you did differently.  The noticeable change is that you went from v 1.12 to 1.13 vs 1.10. to 1.13.

Hmmm though one.

Well as you already know I've had 1.10 and have some stages I've downloaded installed on that version but they never stayed after the keyboard 

turned off. I've used the official AllFiles (because of the awesome stages) both 1 and second update noticed they loaded automatically if the usb thumb

stayed in the usb connector? oh :huh:.   

I've then installed 1.13 mind that my keyboard still on 1.10. After the keyboard installed 1.13 I've played with the stages and noticed the difference at first

I though it was normal and a huge step up but then I noticed other "sound artifacts" that sounded not to belong to tones and such. Such as ringing , thin 

tones and no low to any patches. I've slightly noticed it with piano's but I though that had been revamped also.

Then I loaded the second official all files and that where I noticed how big the difference really where to what I've previous heard and played same problem 

but with EQ set high and no lows though to fix the problem by lowering the keyboard a few semitones/scales down no result.

It got really ugly for some stages, That why I commented it sounded so keyboardist like and hardly as an stage because it was for some stages. It was like all zones where set with no filters , volume , panning etc just plain tones with no movement.

But that wasn't for all stages for others like the phazed clav which again sounded crisp and nice but stages like "six degrees ld"  and "wonderland" dropped in  down sonic. First I thought it was the all files then I did all official files same. After a while I could not play fine on the keyboard with some stages being way off and the ringing was killing my ears.

That when I installed 1.12 also with the official all files strangely I've noticed some slight differences in that version also. Now I got 1.13 on it and all seems well . Placebo indeed pops up here as well been years that I last seem this effect happening. It still faze me a bit how the problem solved itself after 1.12 shows the PX5S also has a complex keyboard engine under the hood.   

There wasn't much actually to the piano part most was to the stages sounding a bit off like E.G , E.Q and such.