Video Files on Forum ×

SPAM BOT ALLERT.

XW-Addict

"Get to it"?

There are a few moderators or admins here, I guess I'm first on the scene. Fortunately, it took one click to flag that user as a spammer and it seems all 100 posts immediately get nuked. That was cool. Let us know if you still see anything.

I think we should have some better control to prevent spammers from joining, but I don't think I'm high level enough to install that.

• Like 3

I think we should have some better control to prevent spammers from joining, but I don't think I'm high level enough to install that.

We have a pretty good system in place that thwarts most spammers from using a program to automatically create an account. Beyond that. it's pretty tough to pre-screen potential members like we can on Facebook. Now... who wants some super cheap genuine Roy Ben sunglasses?  :ph34r:

We have a pretty good system in place that thwarts most spammers from using a program to automatically create an account. Beyond that. it's pretty tough to pre-screen potential members like we can on Facebook. 

Oh, you're right. It's been a while since I registered. The additional question has stopped all spammers on some forums that I admin. Too bad it doesn't do that here.

Facebook too can be hacked (no big surprise there), I keep a "fake" facebook account-only people who I know personally know how to find me there, hackers can still find loopholes in just about anything if they really want to. I understand it can be important in certain situations to have an "open" Facebook page (Casio for example, my local community has a public Facebook page or for PR) but I would advise anyone on Facebook to be VERY CAREFUL about what you post, even if you list something with limited accessibility-only for your contacts or friends. And Joe, I think you and Scott are doing an excellent job keeping the garbage out of here-many of my older music forums, especially on Yahoo are so filled with spam, I rarely log in anymore. My yahoo email contacts have been stolen twice. Only a few music user groups seem to keep this under control, a constant battle I'm sure-Gearslutz and Yamaha UK come to mind-the sysops/administrators there must work very hard to monitor what comes in. So thanks.

• Like 1