Downloads don't seem to be working

dc2k
Go to solution Solved by Mike Martin,

I think we're back up and running.  Something happened on the server.....

Actually it pretty much seemed like you guys got hacked again this morning.  A strange scripting site was demanding access from my browser whenever I clicked on a thread and it redirected me to some dating site or somesuch crud.

I dunno why these forums are such an enticing target for hackers, but it looks like the script monkeys are back at it again.

Gary

Actually it pretty much seemed like you guys got hacked again this morning.  A strange scripting site was demanding access from my browser whenever I clicked on a thread and it redirected me to some dating site or somesuch crud.

I dunno why these forums are such an enticing target for hackers, but it looks like the script monkeys are back at it again.

Gary

That's what it looked like to me. Luckily the server backs everything up daily.  Even though I did a "restore" we didn't lose any content and everything is working as it should.

Yeah, but if they broke in last night, then chances are you have an unpatched exploit on your server.  They WILL be back.  Did you run all your server updates today?

If I were you I wouldn't breathe easy until you've done the next month of updates if it's some zero day exploit.

Gary

did you update your whole server i mean also Linux / Debain or what it is running on if you own a VPS. if not did your hoster made the  update against "Shellshock" ?

i had to renew my private VPS last weeks several times beeing hacked from shell side....now after a strong update to my IPTABLES and to the Debain system i got it back running...