Video Files on Forum ×

Strange bug on custom wave loop point

Korakios

I imported a wave from my PC to user wave u200.the waveform was from an ipad app ,animoog, and after tweaking on the synth the right loop point I saved the tone...

The problem is that every time I select the tone the loop point is not what I made. To my surprise if I dive to the menu and go to the point edit ,the sound automatically is fixed without having to edit again the loop point. Same magic happens if I load the tone on the synth (which doesn't play right by default) ,open the editor and select "receive" from g1...

Can anyone confirm this?BTW I am on latest firmware...

I can upload the patch( nothing special, just for testing the g1 abilities) .

What do you mean by...the loop point is not what you made?   Whats happening?  Is it clicking at the loop point?

Yes it's clicking. When creating and editing the loop point I tweak the loop point to avoid clicks...then I save the tone and everything sounds ok.(EDIT: Even if  I choose a proper loop point to avoid clicks ,as soon as I save the tone by pressing "write" loop point is moved...)

BUT if I switch to another tone and recall the custom tone I made then the sound clicks.

If I go on edit point mode or launch the editor and receive the tone I made,then the tone sounds natural again.

Anyway I'll try contacting Casio...I attatched the tone if anyone is wiling to test it...

MOOG____.zip

You can contact Casio but this is THE place for Casio support.  

If you're using the G1 front panel loop editor and not the PC editor, the best way to do it is to used whats called the tuned loop method.  In other words, start the loop point near the end of the sample....press and hold a note....adjust the loop backwards until the loop is in tune with the main body of the sample.   This works well for synth wave samples such as the one you're working with.   If that doesn't work, try changing the end point of the sample and tweak the loop start point again.  

It's easy to move the points by thousands using the yes no buttons.  When I adjusted your loop point with the tuning method...it still had a click but the loop was tuned. I adjusted the End point back 1,000 samples by pressing no and then the loop point backwards 1,000 samples by pressing no.  The loop was still tuned and the click is gone.  

I downloaded your Moog ZWT.  I heard your issue on my G1.  I changed the end point to 6,307 and the loop to 5,851.  Then I saved the tone.  It plays fine for me after these adjustments.  

The other trick for longer instrument loops is to solely use the data editor for setting the start and loop points and saving the tone from the PC editor.  I use audacity to find the perfect loop points by sample number.  You'll need to set audacity up to use the exact native sample rate of the G1 wave tones in order for audacity sample numbers to be relevant in the G1 pc editor.  It's exactly 21,409hz when in 21khz mode.  It's 42,819khz when in 42khz mode.