Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI CC Arpeggio and Pedal...

Hello

i was wondering how to programm a kind of Guitar pitch bend with the Arpeggio and the Pedal ...inside the Pedal II assigment are a lot of

CC numbers without any description so i asked myself are they not used or not named = ? also could it be possible to assign the pedal to every function

the midi definition gives using "Non-Registered Parameter Number"?

since there is no aftertouch i would like to use the pedal II like an simulated aftertouch bending the notes....

You should be able to do that. I have assigned an RPN (or NRPN) to do a coarse pitch change with the pedal. I think there's a fine tune parameter that would do what you're attempting. You'd just need to change the on and off rates to be less than instantaneous. I think I did that for the percussion in the 9drawbar organ. Feel free to start there as a template.

Actually when I use my Kurzweil as a controller for my XW-P1 the Casio DOES respond to aftertouch, though usually not with a pitch bend but rather with a modulation vibrato.

So even though the keyboard doesn't have aftertouch capability, the MIDI capability to assign aftertouch is there.

Not sure specifically how you'd assign a pitch bend to a switch pedal though.  Pitch bending, assigned to the wheel is a potential variable anywhere between 0 and 127.  With a switch pedal you only have ON or OFF to choose from and I'm not certain you could assign a fixed number of notes to bend to on a simple binary switch or whether the XW will only allow a fixed range from 0 to 127.

Using portamento on a solo synth would also enhance the "bend" effect but without studying the MIDI spec manual at this late hour I can't be sure what's assignable.

At any rate, what's your problem with using a portamento lead and emulating it on the keyboard or simply using the pitch bend wheel to achieve what you want?

And like I said at the beginning, if you own a controller capable of aftertouch you could always just route it to the XP and control it from there.

Gary

But You've forgot to mention what Ruddes does there is ''only'' possible on the XW-G1 "In Full" tried it.

And from what I've discover some stages can do it also on the PX5S with update 1.13 but a few selected

only have not delved into that much while on that update but certain tones can overlap from stages to stages while switching.

Probably not all of them tho could be because of the effects and envelope switching and such but doable. :huh:

Switching would need multiple NRPN message me thinks seems complicated plus some sysex at it well

If any does NRPN switching with a pedal on the PX5S please share

One way to trigger a pitch bend with the pedal on an XW, without delving into midi documentation or unnamed CC messages, would be to record the pitch bend wheel movement, without sound, in the phrase sequencer and then trigger the phrase with the pedal in performance mode.

i have tried to record movements of the sliders a while ago and there was nothing in the phrase so i gave up ,,,,maybe i miss some to record the cc in real time..

I can't say if you either have P1 or G1, Can say that slider information is not recorded on the G1 through Phrase recorder the sliders are step-sequence/solo synth specific. I don't think the Phrase recorder is neither that advanced would be awesome to do motion recording for samples based on that i'm currently having some  experimenting with Sseq controls for motion on samples because the sliders can copy one channel to the other in real time.... have not figure that out. could be an idea tho CC motion recording for phrases.