Video Files on Forum ×

WK-7500 : Sequencing tutorial (Beginner)

Beginners' Warning!

I've followed Mike Martin's "Sequence Tutorial" (

So, if you successfully complete that operation, you have a rythm set up just like some of the embedded sets that come with the machine -- that you can recall and play over and over. 

1) Is it possible to create and add "Intros" and "Endings" and "Fills" ???

2) Does anyone ever 'save' the entire song?

:-(

Using this image : http://dynatone.ru/images/dopfiles/DNT20130415184948.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Beginners' Warning!

I've followed Mike Martin's "Sequence Tutorial" (

So, if you successfully complete that operation, you have a rythm set up just like some of the embedded sets that come with the machine -- that you can recall and play over and over. 

1) Is it possible to create and add "Intros" and "Endings" and "Fills" ???

2) Does anyone ever 'save' the entire song?

:-(

Using this image : http://dynatone.ru/images/dopfiles/DNT20130415184948.jpg

Ive the same Question to ask you guys...! Nybody with an answer...?

I am not certain that there are any members of this forum that have,as yet, created a "complete" (all sections) User Rhythm, and the original request seemed to be looking for a "quick" answer to what can be a very tedious and time consuming process, that not done properly, ends up with less than desirable results.

In the video shown, Mike Martin was just doing a quick and dirty demo of how to create the "NORMAL" section of a User Rhythm pattern.  For more advanced pattern creation, you need to study Pages 102 to 120 of the manual on use of the Pattern Sequencer for creation/editing of User Rhythms, but more to the specific question - you set up the Pattern Sequencer to record the specific rhythm section (INTRO,ENDING, etc) by pressing that particular button in the RHYTHM/SONG CONTROLLER area of the keyboard.  Mike just used the default "NORMAL" section record mode for his quick demo.  I will admit that he fails to mention that other sections can be recorded and how to get to them to do it, but that is probably because he shows about all that most users will want to do.  Anyway, the section that is about to be recorded is shown flashing at the bottom of the display.  For the FILL-INs, you press that particular button twice to get to the FILL-IN record mode.  In the video, Mike was only recording 4 instrument parts - drums, bass, guitar, and synth pad, but he could have recorded up to 8 instrument parts - and for a complete User Rhythm, he would have had to repeat that entire process for each section he wanted - INTRO, NORMAL, VARIATION, FILL-INS, ENDING.  Just as shown in the video, each time the STOP button is pressed at the end of a particular recording take, everything that has been recorded up to that point is automatically saved to internal temporary memory.  Then, after all the recording is finished, you save the entire work to a USER RHYTHM.  Then you can select that USER RHYTHM and use it in a song that you record with the SONG SEQUENCER, but the PATTERN SEQUENCER only creates/edits and saves to USER RHYTHMS.  It does not record or save to "SONGS" itself, that is the function of the SONG SEQUENCER.

It is usually recommended to learn this process by editing various parts/sections of existing rhythm presets, but if you want to create your own INTROs and ENDINGs, you will have to start completely from scratch, as INTROs and ENDINGs of existing rhythm patterns can not be changed.

So, now, let's say that we want to create a complete User Rhythm using all 8 instrument parts in all sections.  We have 6 sections - INTRO / NORMAL / VARIATION / FILL-IN TO NORMAL / FILL-IN TO VARIATION / ENDING, and each section can have 8 instrument parts - DRUMS / BASS / PERCUSSION /  CHORD INSTRUMENTS 1 THRU 5.  That's 6 X 8 = 48 individual recording takes to get the complete job done.

Good luck !

• 6 months later...

Sorry - Just now saw your reply to this thread.

To your first comment, I can only say that Garage Band is not a dynamic Real Time Arranger as the CTK/WK units are.  Garage Band does not read your left hand chords in real time and generate an appropriate chord.  Its output is pre-programmed and fixed - sort of like Band-In-a Box.  Arranger rhythm (style) programming is extremely tedious and work intensive.  That's why there are not many users who bother with it.

I am not aware of any training for this, but there again, for the right price you should be able to find someone willing to try it.  I think the main problem is that there really is not a lot of demand for it.

This might help although it's designed for the Windows operating system.

http://www.1manband.nl/omb.htm

The (slight) advantage may be that you can use styles or rhythms from other keyboard platforms and possibly alter or customize styles in this program, and play the WK using those auto-arrangements instead of or in addition to the factory styles. Of course now you have added problem of using a computer and midi usb cables, maybe not the best setup especially if you need this live on stage. if you are on the Apple iPad platform, there is probably a similar app. I am one of those here who has spent a few hours trying to find an easy way to create my own styles but as tnicoson has already clearly described, there is no easy way to do this as far as I can see. And all the solutions involve software programs to create "markers" between the intro, ending, main and variation parts, then converting these to user rhythm files. Not much fun unless you like this kind of process.

• 1 month later...