Video Files on Forum ×

can I load sounds from a wk3300 into a new wk 7600?

Hi everybody
I sold my wk3300 and bought the wk7600 thinking that it would inlcude the same sounds.
I like the new keys grand pianos and rhodes but Im missing a lot of sounds from the WK 3300 specially FM pianos. And also drum rhytms.
I was wondering if there is a way:

Find ,download tones from the wk 3300 since I sold the keybaord to a guy from another city

Load those sounds and rythms into the WK7600 via SD or USB. That would make it my perfect keyboard

Casio distributed after-market rhythm files for the WK-3XXX line of keyboards in a ".ckf" file format.  When these were downloaded to User Rhythm memory on the keyboard with the Casio "IDES" software, they were converted to the WK-3XXX ".z00" rhythm file format.  The new CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards can load either of these formats (.ckf or.z00) into their User Rhythm memory - either from a PC download, using the Casio Data Manager 6.X software, or directly from the MUSICDAT folder on an SD Card.  As they are loaded into User Rhythm memory, they are converted to the new ".AC7" rhythm file format.  However, the WK-3XXX units did not provide any means for exporting their factory preset rhythms, so accessing these for porting them to the new models does not appear to be possible.  A selection of 108 WK-3XXX after-market User Rhythm files is still available for download from the "RHYTHM - Data List" section of the old Casio international site at:

http://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/

There are also rhythm files available for the older "CTK" keyboard models on this site and various other sites on the internet.  Many (but not all) of these may also work on the newer units, so downloading them and loading them into the newer boards is also worth a try.  If a particular file is not compatible, it just will not load.  It will not damage anything.

TONES from the older model keyboards (WK-3XXX) are a different matter entirely.  The sound engine of the newer boards was completely redesigned and is no longer compatible with ANY of the tone features from the older models.  That includes: TONES; TONES WITH WAV; DRAWBAR ORGAN TONES; DSP settings; or REGISTRATIONS.

According to that old Casio international site I posted, the tone/rhythm compatibility groupings are as follows:

CTK-691 / WK-3000 / WK-3500

CTK-900 / WK-3200 / WK-3700

WK-3300 / WK-3800 / WK-8000

PX-410R / PX-575R  (Some data from this group may be compatible with the WK-3300/3800/8000 group.)

Occasionally, data will work on a non-compatible unit, but it is strictly a "cross your fingers and try" process.