Video Files on Forum ×

Arpeggiator recording and sequencer

Tarci

Hello everybody and thank you so much for every precious information you shared.

I bought my px-5s a few months ago and I must confess I finally realized a dream since I was a teenager while I studied piano,

but I would never hoped to possess a such jewel !!! Now I really feel like an enthusiastic teenager and I'm "re"-moving my first steps into a daw e midi recording after so many years...

Sorry for the due intro, the question now:

is it possible to record by the sequencer into my daw the only trigger notes without generate hundreds of midi events when arpeggiator is ON ?

I would like to record an hexlayer sound with arpeggiator into audio track coming from the line out of the PX-5S, but record also the midi track so to possibly revise the notes I play.

I read it is possible with Yamaha Motif by setting "Main ARP ON/OFF Switch = ON".

Thanks in advance

Tarcisio

Ah you want to turn the arpeggio generation off with sysex message. Here the site with PX5S midi-implementation

http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/PX5_midi_EN.pdf

Sysex starts on page 29 , arpeggio/phrase specific from page 53,61. 

Although I cant myself find any specific on/off value/parameters,

Maybe there a way switching with CC ,I'm noobish at this level about this stuff. 

My target scenario is:

- I play a chord with arpeggiator ON

- I can hear ALL the events generated by the arpeggiator

- I can record in the midi track of the sequencer ONLY the static trigger notes of the chord (so I can easily quantize or change some notes in post production)

then

- I can send back the trigger notes from the DAW sequencer to the px-5s via midi

- the px5s arpeggiator is triggered again to generate arpeggio events

- I can record the audio track from the line out

Maybe it's impossible, sorry for my english if I'm not so clear....

Tarcisio

A possible solution is 2 midi channels.  Since the Px-5s is divided into 4 zones, 1 of the zones can be the arpeggio maybe set to MIDI out on channel 16 but also turn midi out off for this zone.  Set zone 2 to midi channel 1 or whatever you want played on the other instrument.  Turn the sound generator off for zone 2 if you don't want to hear it from the PX-5s but want the midi data transmitted.

• Like 2