Video Files on Forum ×

How to get in touch with Casio to report a serious bug?

I bought a CTK 7200 keyboard on second hand market.

And found a serious bug in this machine.

Casio really needs to know about this bug because it is very serious..

Want to know what the bug is??

Well just turn on your Casio CTK/WK 6 and 7 thousand series and without playing any notes just turn the PB wheel upwards...you will hear a lot of noise coming out of the speakers or headphones.

Not noticed when you are using styles and Accomp at the same time but playing voices solo it is very strong.

I think that Casio needs to update the software so that this problem can be fixed.

Really liking the keyboard at al his sounds and functionality but this needs to be fixed...

The Casio site does not give any room or mail adress to report bugs in there instruments...

Maybe someone at this forum knows a way to report this bug to Casio so they can make an update to make this problem resolved..

Best Regards:

Ramon, Holland

I'd also say this is a flaw unique to your unit.  My CTK-6200 doesn't do this, either.  I'm sorry this is happening to you.  I've picked up a few bad instruments second hand in my time, and it really sucks.  Hopefully, it'll turn out to be something easy to fix, like a bad pb wheel.  I hope you'll let us know how it turns out if you decide to get it fixed (or try to fix it yourself).  

• Like 1

Sounds like a dirty potentiometer. A little tuner cleaner might fix that up. Since you got it used, probably not under warranty. I have 2 Casios also, neither one has any noise coming from the PB wheel.This can happen it it's been sitting unused somewhere, especially in a humid or dusty environment. A pitch bend wheel is just a simple "pot' like a volume control. since you are in Holland, I'd get in touch with Mike Martin here on the forum to find out where a Casio service dept. might be in your country. Good luck, hope you get it taken care of.

Hi Everyone,

Well have beeing in contact with Casio Europe about this defect..they could not say what the problem should be.

The seller of my CTK 7200 was shure that the buyers agreement was in the manual but I could not find it.

Have to check the box again, I put it in the basement lucky maybe because I was not shure what I should find once unpacked.

What is gonna give a problem and I have to pay the repair and sending my keyboard to Casio Belgium and that the instrument has 1 year of waranty.

Have reset the 7200 but that was not helping, what I find strange is that when turning it downward there is no noise to be heard.

Remembering unpacking the 7200 yesterday was that it feld really sticky and had to clean the keys a few times.

So guessing that the instrument has been packed in the PSR E 443 box and plastic in a hummid or steamy location.

To get the moisture out of the instrument I have beeing leaving it open in the living room without covering it.

My personal guess is that or the pot has beeing exposed to a lot of dirt or water.

Or it has been having a lot of pressure on it and that causes the noise.

Because I have to pay the repair I'm thinking to replace the PB pot myself, because warranty is not valid.

I'm really happy with the 7200, it's a great instrument to work with and sound pretty good..

Want to thank everyone for responding in my topic and let you knows how I have resolved this issue.

Best Regards:Ramon, Netherlands

• Like 1

Glad to hear it-I've done a few repairs over the years-I'm repeating this sorry, but now that you've described the condition of the keyboard, I'd definitely try getting to the potentiometer and spraying a proper "tuner" or electronics part cleaner in it.  Just make sure its meant specifically for this type of part. I use "Deoxit" electronics contact cleaner which is available in the Amazon market or eBay. A little pricey but you don't need much. This will also dry up any moisture that may be interfering with the pot's function. I've used it on slider controls, pots for amps and keyboards, works very well. And since the CTK may have been sitting in a "bad" environment you may need the Deoxit for some of the other parts that might have gotten contaminated and you may be able to treat those without taking anything apart, it will not damage circuits or other parts, it's designed to be "non-corrosive".