WK-6500 and CTK-6000 NOT responding to Sysex data

Hi. I am trying to get my Casio keyboard to respond to incoming sysex data. I am certain all my connections are good because the Casio is accepting all other midi data from the same source (iPad Air running a midi app which also sends sysex data). All control changes (CC) are working fine when sent from iPad to Casio. I checked the sysex code multiple times and even verified that it was being sent properly via external software which shows the code it receives. The code I am sending is typed exactly as Casio has prescribed it in the midi implementation manual. Here it is:

F0 7F 7F 04 05 01 01 01 01 01 00 0A F7

It should change the reverb type to "stadium 2". I realize that midi messages don't show up on the LCD of the Casio. But the effect of the change to the sound source should still be apparent. It is very obvious when changed manually from a small reverb to a large one. I even sent the same code to the Casio directly from my sequencer software and still no effect. Can anyone solve this mystery? The code is the same for any WK7500 CTK7000 WK6500 or CTK6000. Can anyone receive sysex files? And How? Also note that in this instance the Casio is acting as a midi receiver and NOT a master keyboard for sending. Thanks.

• 1 month later...