Video Files on Forum ×

Amazing Casio Celviano AP-450 Demo

Real nice blues/gospel piece, beautiful playing  Sort of like a little of Dr. John/New Orleans in spots, but very gospel in others. "Sanctified" as Dr. John would say. Unbelievable how far the technology has come. I wonder how this Celviano compares to the "lesser" Privias for tone quality and key action. Time to do some research. I listened to this on my best AKGs and it is amazing, indistinguishable from a really good acoustic piano. Yeah, Joe, back to some more "woodshedding". Reminds me why I play in the first place, the sheer beauty of it. "Nuff said.

• Like 1

I wonder how this Celviano compares to the "lesser" Privias for tone quality and key action. 

Comparing the specs, it seems like they (the Privias and Celvianos) share sound engines and keyboard action. The Celvianos generally have a more refined cabinet, but the Privia PX-850 certainly is nice looking as well. There may be some subtle differences I am missing that someone from Casio can address, but from what I can see the differences are mainly cosmetic. 

Thanks Scott. PX-350 is still amazing me. The more I play it, the more depth I can get out of it. This is the only digital I've ever played that gives me a real sense of wanting to play it without tirong of the sound, the action and the ability for dynamic control. it really can play from pianissimo to fortissimo, and doesn't take a tremendous effort to get there.

Well, there are a few differences now that I've looked a little closer. "lid simulation" 4 different levels of damper resonance, 4-band EQ and programmable DSP.. Guess this one is a little more advanced than the PX350 in that respect. But does not have the 17-track sequencer/recorder and some of the pre-programmed rhyhms so it's more dedicated to strictly piano repertoire which is very nice too. Casio definitely has come pretty far, is definitely playng with the "big boys" IMO. Their watches are a little too rich for my blood now though!

Well, there are a few differences now that I've looked a little closer. "lid simulation" 4 different levels of damper resonance, 4-band EQ and programmable DSP.. Guess this one is a little more advanced than the PX350 in that respect. But does not have the 17-track sequencer/recorder and some of the pre-programmed rhyhms so it's more dedicated to strictly piano repertoire which is very nice too. Casio definitely has come pretty far, is definitely playng with the "big boys" IMO. Their watches are a little too rich for my blood now though!

Have a look at the various Privia and Celviano models and compare the features - you will crossover features in the various models. For instance the PX-850 has the 4 position lid sim and the Celviano AP-650 has the 16 track recorder. There is a Casio for everyone!  :)

• 2 weeks later...