Video Files on Forum ×

I can't load files

Jazzjack

I downloaded new px5s file put in a folder called MUSICDAT I tried to load file download the whole new Martin stage Settings I click on load stage setting stage screen says ........ wrong file I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WRONG

When you say you tried to load the "whole new" stage settings files, at least it sounds as if you are trying to load an "ALL" file which as Scott Hamlin noted above, cannot be done that way. That's kind of a mega-backup file type. I know it would seem you should be able to load it directly, but you can't.

Can you please clarify which type of file extension you are trying to load (ZPF or ZLT)? If it's not one of these extensions, please let us know which type it is?

(BTW, did you format the USB drive using the PX-5S format function?)

I formatted the usb drive. I even tried to load Herbie Rhodes ZLT not stage setting PX keeps saying Wrong File exit

Well it certainly sounds like you're doing things correctly... Have you had success is saving/loading your own Stage Settings file (especially of the ZPF type)? In other words, is it just this particular file you're trying to load from the Casio site, or perhaps are you having trouble with loading/saving files in a more general way?

The reason this info might help with a solution is that if you can't save and load Stage Setting files in general, it could be the USB stick in particular (I've had one that misbehaved with the Casio but worked fine with my laptops, Roland equipment, etc.) Alternatively, you might have a bad file download from the Casio site and need to start with a fresh one.

Also: Have you tried the free Casio Data Editor as a channel for loading and saving Stage Setting files? If that's working for you, this would further help narrow down the issue with the USB method.

Hope some of this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks

I'll try another USB drive

When using that music editor do I hook up the privia ViA USB?

Yes, you can use the USB port on back of the Privia to connect to your PC/Mac - not to be confused with the USB port on the front for the memory stick.

Alternatively, you can hook up to your PC/Mac with a MIDI cable in/out but that would require a MIDI interface with your computer, which you may or may not have.

So the USB cable on the backside is probably the easiest, least hassle method for connecting, but it may depend on how comfortable you are with this sort of stuff.

• Like 2