So WHICH file is the new updated factory set??

pax-eterna
Go to solution Solved by pax-eterna,

I have downloaded two now from the factory downloads (one marked 2.5 and one marked 3) and on neither, do the patches, as listed on the PDF support file, appear. The ones in bold I am talking about.

this is the link for where I am getting it from http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/724-px-5s-updated-all-file/

But if I got to bank 8 for example, instead of 

8-7 Xtreem Pad
8-8 Carried Away
8-9 GalaXy-5S
9-0 EQ'd Grand
9-1 HerbiesRoadz
9-2 Wurli Cruzr2
9-3 DistLeadWah
9-4 SupasticClav
9-5 VelST-Guitr
9-6 Vox Cont 301
9-7 RoachaelBalld
9-8 Orbiting
9-9 Magix

I get :
Sqr pad
Pulse Arp
Piano and Rock
Mono Live Grand
TinEP/SyndLdx
60's ep horns
DistLead Wah
Clav/Pedwah
A Gt A Ba
Delay Organ
VA PadPerc Arp
EP/Bas/shuf 

which I THINK are the original factory files....

Can anyone advise please?

16 people have had a look and no-one has a clue??? Must be a "popular" download ;)

I should add that it is being loaded exactly as the instructions say, so why it is not updating my px with the new factory stage settings I don't know, however an answer this year would be appreciated as I want to set it up and perhaps some of the amended patches would be useful.

Or is it the case that most spend their time on facebook instead?

I downloaded ALTORDR2 that's in the version 3 download link.  I haven't loaded it into the PX-5s but ran program that outputs all of the stage setting names and they do not match the PDF.  I downloaded the version 3 file: PX5SALL2 (i renamed it to PX5SALL3 so I could keep track of the version) and that matches the PDF.  Here's the contents:

post-1985-0-30963800-1416801453_thumb.pn

• Solution

thx - I tried the V3 file (as written above) I am sure, but I will give it another go, JUST in case...just checked again - okay NOW we are cooking, seemed when I was THINKING it was going to the musicdat folder, it was actually going to the root, and all the time the original ALL file WAS in the musicdat folder. I put it there with some other stuff a while back...anyhoo I deleted it, transferred the V3 file, and it worked!

Thanks again.

Glad you go it.  Usually the latest version is the one to go with - but there are two files with the stage settings in different orders.  I thought that you had loaded the alternate file and therefore the names didn't match up to the list, but I understand now that neither file was loaded.

It would be good if the forum software allowed the thread title to be amended! I was going to edit it to say solved, but I cannot :(

Do you not see the button on the lower right that says "Mark Solved"? If you do, check the post that best answers your original question. When you do that, people who check your thread will see your original post and the answer you checked first at the top, and then can read the discussion if they choose.