Video Files on Forum ×

OT: is Facebook better than the forum?

pax-eterna

Personally, I like this better. That's because it's more organized and easier to see topics. However, I don't visit here as much as FB. That gets me (and probably a lot of other people) to visit the PX-5S group more often than here. That group is much more active than this forum.

I wish that FB groups were set up a bit more like a forum. The new FB Groups app might help with that. I've been using it and it's a little nicer than using FB directly for groups.

If you're concerned about privacy or have other issues like that with FB, you can set up your FB account just about any way you want. They only ask that you use your real name. If you don't want to make any connections or friends, you can turn off the ability to let people send you friend requests, and you don't have to accept any. You don't have to share your personal info, either. Nor do you even have to visit the News Feed. You can just bookmark the group and go directly there. The one thing I will say is that if you do sign up, you'll probably want to tell me, Scott, Brad, or Anne that you're pax-eterna on CMF so we know to approve your membership in the group and not a spammer.

Thanks guys.

Joe, I have been thinking for a while now that a FB account might be something worthwhile. More as a device to promote upcoming gigs and post original music, although others tell me for music it is best to use YouTube??

Anyway I take your comments on board and I will investigate further.

Cheers

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Pax-eterna, as a 70+ year old, I was not at all interested in using Facebook prior to joining the PX-5S Group, even though I had an account set up. I now find it invaluable and the perfect partner to this forum. The forum has a more technical focus and as you already know, there are some extremely knowledgable members, but many of them are also great contributors to the Facebook group.

We now have over 1400 members from an ever growing number of countries in the FB group, and we love helping each other (and having lots of fun along the way). Please come and join us...you'll be made very welcome!

• Like 1

Ah Pax....... Amazing that no one has asked this before. Is chocolate better than pizza? In my opinion, Facebook is MUCH better. It is more interesting, sociable, colourful, full of pictures & sounds & videos as well as words. Replies to questions generally come very quickly, and make me laugh far more than I do here. Why not give it a try? You can still come here and you can always leave if you don't like it. :)