Video Files on Forum ×

He Is Ralph.

Technically tho its not a sighting *tihee  :P but a performance.

Ya your right but hey, who cares... Ralph Maten from Casio did what i would say is the best Demo on the web of the Xw-G1 i have seen to date.

I think what is more important is what he is useing on the side.

That's no $300 ipad, so what is it and what's going on with it ?

Larry

That is indeed an iPad mini and he is running the Waldorf Nave app. It has a very cool text-to-speech engine.  B)

You know since recently we have Black Friday all across Europe, I was to late to be part of it T_T missed out on a sweet Ipad mini deal :( it was just enough in my pocket to spend on this month budget. T_T 

From what I've seen Black Friday has been a huge bust in Canada.  Doorcrashers of 10% and 15% off aren't exactly my idea of a bargain.  Basically that covers the sales tax and nothing else. :P

I had my eyes on the Korg Triton Taktile 49 but it didn't budge in price a lousy nickel.

Who knows?  Maybe Boxing Day?

Gary :(

You know since recently we have Black Friday all across Europe, I was to late to be part of it T_T missed out on a sweet Ipad mini deal :( it was just enough in my pocket to spend on this month budget. T_T 

Keep waiting - there may be another deal right before or right after Christmas. Also check out the Apple certified refurbished iPads. You can often get a more powerful iPad for less money and still have a warranty. 

That is indeed an iPad mini and he is running the Waldorf Nave app. It has a very cool text-to-speech engine.  B)

O.k Scott, well i thought it was a diffrent tablet setup. From the looks of it im guessing he is just useing the ipad mini to just input to the G1.

If that's the case, you could use any tablet right?

O.k Scott, well i thought it was a diffrent tablet setup. From the looks of it im guessing he is just useing the ipad mini to just input to the G1.

If that's the case, you could use any tablet right?

He is running the Nave synth app and triggering it via MIDI from the XW keyboard and then running the audio from the iPad back into the G1. This can only be done on an iPad or iPad Mini as they don't make Nave for any other platform.

Now there are some MIDI synth apps for Android... of course Windows tablets have a ton of VSTi's available (much more expensive than iOS apps tho).. but you do have some options if you don't have/want an iPad. 

Now there are some MIDI synth apps for Android... of course Windows tablets have a ton of VSTi's available (much more expensive than iOS apps tho).. but you do have some options if you don't have/want an iPad. 

Thank's scott,

I looked up the link for referb'ed ipad's and it look's like Santa is going to find a back door when i walk into the mall. lol

Larry