Assigning Sliders in DAW

AWunder

Hey guys,

I've been using the XW-G1 as a midi controller for the past couple years and can't ever seem to map the sliders inside my DAW (FL Studio)? The pitchbend, start/stop, K1 and K2 knob buttons all work, but not the sliders... Can anyone explain why this is and if there's a way to make it happen.

Thanks

^^ Correct ^^ The sliders on the XW-G1 do not send MIDI data - they are designed mainly to control parameters of the solo synth and step sequencer. While the XW-G1 and P-1 certainly function well as basic MIDI controllers with some real-time controls, they are more meant to be performance keyboards driving their internal sounds. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a FS:

On local-off mode G1 sliders could at least send midi sysex (on demand).  Not useful for controlling other synths directly ,but very useful when using a PC ,since there are some nice sysex to midiCC apps.

I am sure G1 can do this and transmitting sysex real-time is disabled  for overloading reasons, but  when G1 is on local-of mode with no internal sounds playing it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT/UPDATE:

There is a workaround, read

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5030-how-to-use-xw-g1-sliders-knobs-as-software-controllers-in-daw-virtual-instruments/

post #7 B)

• Like 2