CTK-5000 problem

Xip

Try playing a chord with the keys.   The keyboard might be in rhythm mode and waiting for a complete fingered chord.   My CTK 900 will not sound until a complete chord is played in those lower keys.  

Josh

WK 7500

CTK 900

Hammond A 143

Leslie 145

Try playing a chord with the keys.   The keyboard might be in rhythm mode and waiting for a complete fingered chord.   My CTK 900 will not sound until a complete chord is played in those lower keys.  

Josh

WK 7500

CTK 900

Hammond A 143

Leslie 145

Hi thanks, for your help.

I've tried that but no joy. It's just the keys C-G (white and black).

Listed here is a link for the factory manual on the CTK5000 series

http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008001036

In the trouble shooting guide they reference on page E-37 if left hand keys do not play.

Other than that reference only, there is no other trouble shooting tips.

If that does not fix your left keys not sounding, then sending the keyboard to a service center would be the next step.  

More than likely a drink was spilled on it.  Happened to my Hammond while on a gig and the drink got into the contacts for both keyboard manuals.  It was a tedious job to take it apart and clean the contacts and put the organ back together. 

I'm always reluctant to suggest people open up their keyboards for fear of bits flying off in all directions.   I spilled a drink on my computer keyboard so I opened it up to clean it.   Much to my surprise, every key had an individual carbon rubber switch that promptly fell off into a pile of 101 switches on my kitchen table!!   It took the rest of the evening just to place everyone correctly.   I should have just tossed the computer keyboard.   But I'd hate to see this person have to toss his keyboard if he should be unable to get it back together and playable.   

Of course if you got the Casio keyboard for free by all means open it up!    Nothing to lose at that point.