looping on a ctk 7200 ?

Hi I have just purchased a ctk 7200 for Christmas , haven't got it yet I have been learning on a Yamaha psr e333 it was a close run thing between getting a roland bk-3 or a ctk 7200 (hope I made the right choice :D I have tried the casio and did like it  and the sounds but worried it may drop to bits after a few months i always been a bit unsure of the quality compared to say a roland but i guess time will tell

anyway I have no experience of a lot of features so forgive me if the question I ask is a bit ignorant

I was wondering whether you can loop on the casio like setting different instruments going and keep adding others one at a time ?

and then transfer what you created to usb ? hope that makes sense

many thanks mark

Mark

Yes !  The Casio CTK/WK-7XXX series of workstations contain both a SONG (LINEAR) sequencer and a PATTERN (LOOP) sequencer, but both are MIDI sequencers, not audio sequencers, so the PATTERN sequencer works with MIDI loops and phrases rather than with audio loops and phrases like typical guitar audio loop recorder pedals.  However, once you have a song completed, you can record it to a two channel stereo audio file on an SD Card with the onboard stereo recorder and then export that to an audio WAV file with the Casio Data Manager software on a PC.

Here is a link to the YouTube video of Casio's Mike Martin demonstrating the PATTERN sequencer on the CTK/WK-7XXX units:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-jsRUugx0

For others who may be interested in this topic, the Casio CTK/WK-6XXX series of workstations are equipped with the SONG (LINEAR) sequencer, but are NOT equipped with the PATTERN (LOOP) sequencer nor the onboard stereo audio recorder.

Best of luck with the new 7200, Mark.  I am sure you will enjoy it !