Video Files on Forum ×

Midi Designer Template - Stage Settings 1.0

Nick

Hi. I found this post very helpful and am now confident in hooking my ipad to the Priva.  I have owned a PX 5s and 6 months and Im still just scratching the surface. I'm 73 and have a hard time with this sort of thing.

I do have a related query regarding the midi setup. I want to control the auto accompaniment on my roland E 09 keyboard using the PX 5s but cant seem to get the Priva set up correctly. The Privia controls my 2 sound modules (roland bk 7m and Ra 95) great. Just plug in the midi cable and all is good. But the Roland E 09 wont respond. I have had it checked by the agents and its operating ok with other controllers. The E 09 manual says to transmit on channel 14 to control the accompaniment but this doesn't happen when I set the midi channel on the Priva to channel 14 or any other midi out channel. I would dearly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Johnti

Hi Johnti,

I'll try to help but since I don't own a Roland 09, I can only give you some suggestions. I have my Px5s hooked up to my Korg arranger and I can control it without any problem. I saw the manual of the roland and it seems to have very limited configuration settings but it seems able to receive chords from an external keyboard. First disconnect all midi cables, midi boxes, etc. Employ only 1 cable: midi out of Privia to midi in of Roland. Create a stage settings where Midi out of Zone 1 is set to channel 14 in the Midi Edit Menu. Make sure also that the privia midi out option is ON (there is one for usb and one for midi) in the stage setting midi menu. SAVE the stage setting. Now if you have another midi module you can also use it as monitor to make sure that the privia is transmitting to that channel. Turn off all other zones of the px5s. Open the roland midi parameters menu and make sure you have MidiTxRx option ALL and NTA Rx14 also ON. Try that and post the result.

Hi Nick.

All sorted. I cant thank you enough. I've been grappling with this issue for a couple of months now. Id not been saving the modified stage setting. The combo of the Px 5s and the Roland is working just as I wanted it to now. 

Many many thanks

Johnti