Video Files on Forum ×

Connecting my PX575r to MacBook Garageband

I am trying to connect my Casio px575r Privia keyboard to my Macbook Garageband. I have the USB adapter chord but am having trouble getting Garageband to recognize any sound coming from the keyboard.

The User manual seems to only want to help for Windows/PC. Any steps to help me with this would be greatly appreciated. Trying to make a last minute Christmas CD for the parents.

USB does not carry sound/audio, just MIDI data.

If you want to record the sound of your Casio, you'll need an interface to connect audio out from the Casio to the MacBook. There are many options available. Depending on your MacBook, you might be able to use a cord from an electronics store to run from audio out on the Casio to an audio in on the MacBook if it has it.

With the USB connection you can control all those cool sounds in GarageBand, though.

OTOH, if I've interpreted your post incorrectly and you do have an interface that connects audio out to USB on the MacBook, let us know what model you have. Most of them are plug and play.

• 1 month later...