Video Files on Forum ×

Downloadable files are often zpf: what it this extension?

Flying_Roger

:unsure: I had like to know what the "zpf" file extension is and how to use such files.

Sorry for raising such a basic question, I am new on this forum (using a CTK-7000) and the search function of this forum does not allow to search on "zpf" and searching on Google only returned references to Zone Alarm zpf files...

Thank you in advance.
Roger

• 3 months later...

So i have an XW-P1 and i have downloaded alot of these files and i am getting the File format error with the .ZPF files in performance mode. Does this mean that there is nothing you can do and that the file wont work or is there some type of file conversion you can do to make it work?

I thought that this thread might answer your question, but to rephrase the above, if you have a ZPF file that will not work in the XW-P1, then it is a ZPF file for either the XW-G1 or the PX-5S, and no, there is nothing you can do to make them work on the XW-P1, and you would not even want to try as they address parameters and define functions that do not even exist on the XW-P1.  If you are staying within the XW-P1 sub-sections of the file download main section, you should not be having this problem.  If you are getting a lot of files out of the XW-P1 sub-sections that give you the file format error, then there is some other problem than just the wrong ZPF files for the XW-P1.  In that case, post the names of a couple of the problem files, and one of us with an XW-P1 will download and try them, but if you have downloaded files from the XW-G1 or PX-5S sub-sections, then you need to discard them.  They were not intended to be used on the XW-P1.

• Like 1