New to the PX-5S; iPad data editor now or in future?

shasari

Hi there,

I'm new to the PX-5S, as I just picked up a used one yesterday.  I've been playing, mostly self-taught, keyboards for a long while.  I love the fact it's as light as it is yet has weighted, progressive keys.  Years ago I had a Roland RD-700SX that I regrettably sold (and can't touch a new one for financial reasons) and I can't really tell the difference much in the feel of the keys, however one advantage I find is the textured keys - the RD didn't have that.  Plus, the RD was close to 80lbs, and I'm grateful to not need assistance when moving the PX-5S (and my discs say thanks too!).

One question, perhaps for Mike M.:  Is there or will there possibly be a data editor in the works for controlling but perhaps not upload/download of data that would run in iOS, such as from an iPad 2/ iPad Air?

~Dave

Hi Dave and welcome!

We have a data editor for mac and pc.  http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=58

I suggest you start there.  It's the best way to handle the PX-5s.   An ipad version of the computer editor is not in the works from all indications. 

Thanks Brad :)  OK on the iPad software, totally understood.  Time to dust off one of my laptops.

you could use ..AIR Display to send the Screen from your Mac to the Tablet IOS ,,and voila work on the Tablett with the Editor....

Heh, yeah that would work :)