Video Files on Forum ×

Start the New Year Right! With NEW Patches!

mruberto

I've been having too much fun with my XW-P1 programming new patches for it. I thought it would be good to share some of the fun with others.

So here is a bunch of new sounds I have made. Happy New Year and ENJOY! :D

Please read license.txt after extracting the files or go here https://creativecommons.org/licenses.../4.0/legalcode
for details on the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

By downloading and using these patches you are agreeing to this license.
If you do not agree to this license do not download the patches...

S7-XWP1.zip

• Like 3

It is a no commercial use license for the prevention of people taking these patches and then trying to sell them for profit.

It's a creative commons license.  I license my work under the same terms as an alternative to copyright.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license

Gary ;)

Its also a structure that if not understood well could lead to complication. Which raises another thing and that is third party development if its leads to this then there have to be rules about approval and consent it will change the nature of this site/forum complete but still something to think about.

Its also a structure that if not understood well could lead to complication. Which raises another thing and that is third party development if its leads to this then there have to be rules about approval and consent it will change the nature of this site/forum complete but still something to think about.

So are you upset that I won't allow you to sell my patches on Ebay? I do not understand the problem here....

So are you upset that I won't allow you to sell my patches on Ebay? I do not understand the problem here....

Have they been made to be sold then?. I don't like to be trolled but I have not seen anyone yet on this forum asking to agree to license agreement before downloading or from the forum in general, Could also be that I missed that section and have to re-read what I've agreed on to this forum.

Personally I think if you're patches are not ''free'' as mend for members on this site. If for any reason you ask for a license then provide a demonstration , youtube channel etc. Before letting people agree to something they don't know of.

I also think if someone should provide patches and such license agreement they have to provide a link to their own site not this forum. And I believe we try to learn as much and share our experience  to make this a blossoming forum for these great synthesizers/keyboard and piano's for anyone at least that how I feel about it. 

Maybe Scott could shed some light to this, Maybe i'm over thinking to much from it and drop this conversation. 

Yeah I kinda think you're blowing this out of proportion man.

From what I've seen on the Kurzweil boards there are folks out there who have a solid little cottage industry going selling patches and samples for the PC3 line of synths and they pick no bones about the licensing.  It's just straight up copyright and loads of copy protection which is ultimately all unenforceable anyway.

The creative commons license is as close as you can get to communism anyway.  All it requires is proper attribution to the creator upon modification or redistribution and negotiation of terms for commercial resale.  Most scumbags will end up redistributing without attribution anyway simply because there are no authorship fields inside a Casio patch.

If it gives the author some peace of mind knowing that his work will be properly respected then who the hell are we to say that he is "violating the free software ethic?"

Who knows?  Perhaps in another 15 or 20 years he will find a market on eBay for his patches and decide to start selling them?  None of us has a crystal ball.

Live and let live man.

Personally I'm just grateful for the upload and kudos to mruberto for making them available here on the board...

Peace :)

Gary ;)

• Like 1

These are free to all, period. If you are confused with CC licences go investigate them yourself. If you still do not understand contact Creative Commons for a clearer explanation. If you do not agree with it then don't bother with these patches. I only ask that people DO NOT SELL these patches on Ebay or elsewhere out of respect for my wishes that they be free to anyone.

@ XW-Addict: If you are so worked up over it then have the site admins delete my download and thread since I cannot find a way to do it myself. I'm sorry I bothered you with a free gift for the XW community.

@ Gary: Cheers, enjoy!

• Like 1

mruberto >>> Actually I believe that XW-Addict's concerns are regarding a hypothetical situation that sort of lays out like this:

Assume that someone is using one of your patches in a paid concert or on a studio recording that they plan to sell either as an iTune or as part of a CD compilation. 

In that particular case the non commercial aspect of the CC license could conceivably apply and they'd be legally liable should you decide to take legal action.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here but that's a case where the CC license could backfire.

Gary

These are free to all, period. If you are confused with CC licences go investigate them yourself. If you still do not understand contact Creative Commons for a clearer explanation. If you do not agree with it then don't bother with these patches. I only ask that people DO NOT SELL these patches on Ebay or elsewhere out of respect for my wishes that they be free to anyone.

@ XW-Addict: If you are so worked up over it then have the site admins delete my download and thread since I cannot find a way to do it myself. I'm sorry I bothered you with a free gift for the XW community.

@ Gary: Cheers, enjoy!

My apology for the anguish, grief to suffer, I only mend well there are indeed several cases where misuse of Creative commons license have occur. With that in mind I for one need to know the purpose for it to agree on. As Gary has mentioned in his own way :).

I'm dutch and so in the Netherlands we take even the simplest of an non legal/ legal clause not for granted (''in some cases"). Please don't anger its a minor thing but people forget attach their own disclaimer with the license.  Such as "  I only ask that people DO NOT SELL these patches on Ebay or elsewhere out of respect for my wishes that they be free to anyone. "

Cheers :)